You can type here any text you want

body panels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

futten

does anyone know if there is someone that makes repair panels for 78-80 regals?

does anyone know if there is someone that makes repair panels for 78-80 regals?

i would see if i could find one used from someone. other wise check keystone and certifit. if not you might have to find a capa part. what part are you looking for?

nothing specific i have to weld the bottoms of my quarter panels i was just hoping someone made panels and i dident have to MAKE some

I wish... I have only been able to find new plastic parts for 78-80s. I have been able to to find fiberglass hoods and trunk lids, but not for cheap:rolleyes: Your best bet is to buy some sheet metal and cut out the rusted out or badly dented areas on the car and replace it with the new metal... that`s what I had to do and the fender was dented pretty bad... so I pull as much of it out as I could and then carved the body lines back in with body filler.

heheh what did you have in mind? i found a rear bumper for the 78-80 regal but ive checked on that before and the shipping costs were INSANE!!! i think it was like 400 bucks to ship a fiberglass one ive

i would have made the panel for you.

i could probably make it myself i was just hoping for a easy way out but its not a big area to deal with

heres the state of my rear bumper it looks better now i found a second bumper her in norway that wasent as rusty and i cut out the parts i needed from that and fixed mine the areas that were good on mine was bad on the second one so but i still have to pound out the corners which aint gonna be easy then i might make some fiberglass copies and replace the stock steel beam with aluminum tube

100_0134.jpg
dont know if you can get in here but ya get a look at what ive done so far my car pictures by futten - Photobucket

dang i wished you lived closer i would love to get my hands on that broken header panel to show people how to fix them. i would have added it to this post.http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/329021-how-do-bodywork.html#post2597639
BTW if any of you guys what to donate a broken 84-87 header panel i will take it as well as broken bumper fillers.. that is if you live close to me. great work so far. i cant wait to see it finished. is that black car one you photoshoped? it looks cool.

yeah thats a photoshopping of how it will look some of the parts like the exhaust will be swapped out for a twin exhausts instead of the Y pipe that ties the headers in to the stock exhaust ill make a secound nascar type exhaust too just for laughs period correct of course not the modern boom tubes

it looks good. i really like what you got so far. are you going to paint it with flat black/satin?

i kinda like the idea of satin paint i live flat black cars its easyer to spray i guess not 100% sure yet some gloss would be nice too but entails to get right the body needs to be perfectly flat hell i miiight even spray it the same color the wheels of my amc hornet

100_3066.jpg

i kinda like the idea of satin paint i live flat black cars its easyer to spray i guess not 100% sure yet some gloss would be nice too but entails to get right the body needs to be perfectly flat hell i miiight even spray it the same color the wheels of my amc hornet

100_3066.jpg

i take it your a bodyman too. i never liked flat black cars, but the way it looks in your photoshop picture it looks good. almost like a old school nascar.

yeah i have a big interest in making sheet metal parts welding and banging away making parts luckily there is very little weld work on my body will save me some money and time so i can lay the body on its side and start removing the undercoating and send the body for sand blasting floors and firewall will be basted everything else will be sanded to bare metal all the weld ill use tin/lead instead of bondo

To my knowledge the only parts available are the rocker panels, and only because they fit the later cars. I feel your pain. The only part of my car that's actually rotted are the lower edges of the rear quarters. Luckily I saved the turbo hood off my old Sport Coupe, so I'll be using the skin of the factory hood to make patch panels. That way I can tell people "Except for the turbo hood, it's all original sheet metal. Some of it might just not be in the original locations."

Back