You can type here any text you want

Bogging down, Throttle response, maybe turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Motorbreath

1987 GN and when i put the pedal to the floor it kicks down like usual, but then suddenly it boggs down on me and i loose power, the turbo gauge drops to zero and it just sputters, not sure whats going on or how to tell if i may have a bad gasket on my turbo, help would be great full.

bad fuel pump maybe.
my TTA is doing the same thing and my fuel pressure was not good so I am replacing the pump and hopefully fix the problem

I was thinking possible boost leak as well. check all the cold side connections.

is it a stock MAF if so i would check that aswell

Do you have a scanmaster? Those numbers would help a lot. Could be plenty of things. Start the car let it idle and tap on the maf to see if your idle changes.

Hell no, not yet but I just bout a manual on it and hopefully it will help me out and go through to diagnose the problems

My last one did the exact same thing, it happened to be a clogged fuel filter. I had to replace my tank as well, the car only had 18k miles too. It made me think twice about buying the second one with only 27k miles, but I did anyway.

I found the problem on mine, and i feel like a dumb ass really!! I was tracing the vacuum lines back from the WG and i found a small hole in the vacuum line hose, the hole was tiny and burnt in from something hot under the hood so i rerouted it with a new piece of hose and tada it works great again! That maybe ur problem to just check for a pin hole or something along those lines cause once i replaced it, it works like it's brand new.

Back