You can type here any text you want

Bolt on question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb8125

Hey guys I want to start upgrading my GN but 1st I want to make sure my motor will support the upgrade I want to get my stock block and heads as close to problem free as possible.... It is hard to find someone that will do just a stock rebuild I have been told that its not worth it to do that cause once you start trying to make power the stock block won't hold up plus once the motor is open it wont cost that much to go to the next step....
I really dont have any plans on breaking in world records just want a tough car that can drive to the track or to a show.... What can I do to get motor refreshed should I just change all gaskets and seals and just ride it from there
For these are the parts that I have or plan to get
TE44
Razor progressive akly kit
Hotwire kit
3in downpipe
3in exhaust
42lb injectors
(plugs and a basic tune up)

he whats up didnt i sell you those injectors and chip? you have all the right items to go mid to high 11's. if you have high miles and never seen hard detonation and your oil pressure is good then i would just change your timing chain and valve springs. with a good tune these motors will handle 500 to 550 hp more than u need to get high 11's. if not then get a crank polish and put in new bearings and rings and newgaskets and a set of forged pistons. then run disstilled water and water wetter from advanced auto. that way if you blow a headgasket into the water jacket and fill your crancase with water you wont kill your bearings and you can flush and put on new headgaskets. then in winter you can put in antifreeze for storage then flush out in spring.

No I did not sell anything still buying :mad: part.... what should the oil psi be as far as hard detonation I am not sure but the lil old lady I bought it from said she only drove it on sundays;)

I wouldnt start tearing anything apart until you need to. Bolt on what you need to and go run it. I have a stock bottom end and run conservative boost(23 psi) with no issues whatsoever. I am satisfied with the power its making without running "Headgakset blowing" amounts of boost.

As Brian said you will run some good 11's with the parts you want with a good 60 foot and a good tune on it.

ya I remember I put all the stuff I bought from you in the car and sent it off to paint hell and there it has been since march

ya I remember I put all the stuff I bought from you in the car and sent it off to paint hell and there it has been since march
how many miles on your motor
and what mods do you have or have bought and what are your goals with the car

I want a strong street car
I want usable horsepower maybe 400 -450 in that ball park just dont want the car to break if I stand on it
TE44
Hotwire kit
3in downpipe
3in exhaust
42lb injectors (and chip)

I want a strong street car
I want usable horsepower maybe 400 -450 in that ball park just dont want the car to break if I stand on it
TE44
Hotwire kit
3in downpipe
3in exhaust
42lb injectors (and chip)

yes but what do you have now out of that list. so we know what you have left to get. call me at 724 630 4107 its easier to talk than type

Back