Bolt stuck in DP/turnbine exhaust housing

V8killR4U

Well I was going to take the down pipe off of my car and have a Wide Band bung drilled and welded up. Well all the bolts in the DP seem to loosen just fine except one. I mean this bolt shouldnt be so hard to remove. I think its a grade 8 bolt but not sure so i dont want to snap the head off or strip it causing more problems, any suggestions on loosening this stuborn bolt? Im not sure i used anti sieze on this or not? I mean this bolt actually springs the other way when trying to loosen it if that makes sense:confused:

Well I was going to take the down pipe off of my car and have a Wide Band bung drilled and welded up. Well all the bolts in the DP seem to loosen just fine except one. I mean this bolt shouldnt be so hard to remove. I think its a grade 8 bolt but not sure so i dont want to snap the head off or strip it causing more problems, any suggestions on loosening this stuborn bolt? Im not sure i used anti sieze on this or not? I mean this bolt actually springs the other way when trying to loosen it if that makes sense:confused:

The first thing I would try would be liquid wrench. Just keep soaking it down several hours before trying to remove it. If that does not work find a machine shop that knows what they are doing and they can back it out quick. I have been down this road and an easy out most likely will not work. I wish I could remember the machine they used but it made it look easy.
Good luck!

as stated in the above post, saturate that thing for a while and then try to tighten the bolt ever soo slightly. I used to break bolts all the time until the engine builder at our shop old me to do this. If it breaks, it was going to break anyway.

yea, liquid wrench or pb blaster. soak it for a day, then heat the turbo by runnin it for a couple of minutes. take her for a spin around the block like 20 times gunnin it. that thing will be so hot, that bolt will come right out. beats standin there holdin a stupid torch for an hour. i just snapped off a bolt in mine.. thats how i know lol.

You may have to drill it and use an ez-out to get it off there, like you would do on exhaust manifold studs.