You can type here any text you want

Boone,NC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1of1035

I'm moving to boone in january and was wondering what goes on there. What are some good tune shops and local hangouts for those of us with real cars? Also hows the job market up there?

Unemployment rate was less that 1.0% not that long ago. I'd say that most likely the lowest in the state of NC. AS far as tune shops I don't know, but there are quit a few folks pretty close that has very good knowledge of our cars. What goes on..... lots, and lots of beer drinking at ASU.

I went to school at App. State. Very nice town with nice people. Temperature hardly ever get above 80 degrees. Not sure of any shops or any hangouts with car guys, I didn't own my GN then. Hickory is only about 45 minutes away, several knowledgable people there. Winston-Salem and Greensboro are only about 1.5 hours away. This is where I live. Couple of great 1/8 mile tracks there and lots of TR guys. Charlotte about same distance away. Anyway, when are you moving? Boone is very laid back and I'm sure you will like it. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions about Boone. I answer them if I can. Good luck.

Brad

Well, my g/f is leaving in 2 weeks to start the summer session at ASU and i'm moving up in january. I'm just trying to get an idea of the town. I was born in clinton,nc but don't really remeber much. I've heard i'll have to park the tr due to most of the roads around there. The weather sounds great i'm in florida now and its over 80 in november. Any sort of info is great.

I have owned a condo there for 6-7 years.LEARN TO SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The town has usuall stuff like a wal-mart,k-mart,all the fast-food you could want.The terrain is obviously hilly.The night life seems rather slow,but i have only been up there on specific weekends to ski.There is not any more excitement in Boone than there is in Clinton(i live an hour from Clinton-I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

There does seem to be some TR'S fairly close atleast.
One thing to do for-sure in Boone is eat at the Daniel Boone INN----i have taken 6 hour trips from my house just to stay up there for the weekend and eat the DB INN.It is located right beside the school-just ask the locals.

HTH

Geoff

Drinking and college women.. Ski, moon light (and shine)..

Have fun!

Where you moving from? Get with some of the TR folks there I am sure they will show you around...

Welcome to the State without a Lottery, Home of Eric Rudolph, State Taxes, and Pretty cold winters!

Just kidding.. I like it..

I've visited there before and love the weather and i snowboard. i'm from new york so winters don't bother me and i'm now moving from south florida home of 90 degree winters and morons.

Originally posted by 1of1035
I've visited there before and love the weather and i snowboard. i'm from new york so winters don't bother me and i'm now moving from south florida home of 90 degree winters and morons.

I can relate.. I moved to Raleigh Area from Miami... Morons is an understatement..

Welcome,
The end of this month were having a get together in Hickory. Usually a good turn out of TR's, LS1's, stangs, etc. Lots of fast cars and cool people. Of coarse there all scared of us! Hehe... Anyhow, I like to make trips up to the mountains whenever I can. It's kind of fun to have a TR that I can throw in the corners. When you get into town give me an email. Maybe you can hook me up with some App. women! As for the roads there not that bad. We don't accually get that much natural snow, most of the resorts make there own. Lots of cool stuff to see and Charlotte's about 1 1/2 hours away.

Ryan

Do most people work in boone or do alot of them travel to a bigger town? What bigger towns are around boone? I've heard of ashville but nothing else.

I think most of them work there. Hickory is a pretty cool place to hang out (lots of rice). Only about 50 min from Boone. Also North Wilkesboro has a 1/8 mile drag track, that is about 45 min from there also.

Back