You can type here any text you want

boost control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

three turbos

NUNLKME
Can someone explain to me how this schrader valve type deal works to control the boost on the turbo when there is no vaccum line even going to it? My buddy has a TTA with this and we are straightening a few things out but im baffled by this, I just run an adjustable actuater on my buick with no prob. he says if you turn the schrader it does change the boost,any info on this would be great trying to get his thing where he can drive it on the street on 93 he is currently running 20lbs of boost and race gas obviousely. Im going to be helping him get boost down to around 16 and pump gas( 93) and was just curiouse if we need to go back to the stock type controlling set up or not.The factory waste gate solenoid and hardware are under hood this stuff was all done by the previouse owner we are just trying to make this thing affordable to drive again and add the alky later, thanks Eric

Vacuum line no, boost line yes. The boost line from the turbo pushes open the valve which then opens the wastegate. Tighten the valve and it will take more boost to open thus raising target boost.

Capice? :biggrin:

I believe i understand however i think there is only one line and thats from the valve to the top of the turbo thats where the confusion came in to me it just seems like something is missing i will have to double check though.Is this thing any good? why would someone go this route verse a adj.waste gate? The car is at his house but im trying to get the info. ahead of time thanks for the help!

There should be a hose on the out side of the bleeder valve going to the wastegate actuator. The boost line from the turbo housing goes to the in side of the bleeder valve.

As far as one or the other, you can use either or. Most peeps set their base by adjusting the wastegate actuator then use a bleeder valve to raise boost from there.

Back