You can type here any text you want

Boost Gauge Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JRNYMNDAVID

MACSTURBOTA
Where do you install aux. :confused: boost gauge line in the engine conpartment?
I don't want to tear into the dash. :confused:

Are you asking where to go through the firewall? If so there is a rubber plug on the drivers side under the brake booster. You can just pull it out and poke a hole in it then put your line through it.

dvernst said:
Are you asking where to go through the firewall? If so there is a rubber plug on the drivers side under the brake booster. You can just pull it out and poke a hole in it then put your line through it.

I am asking which vacuum line to install into to get the best boost reading.
Already through the firewall,but,not getting a boost from the line I installed.

JRNYMNDAVID said:
I am asking which vacuum line to install into to get the best boost reading.
Already through the firewall,but,not getting a boost from the line I installed.

I put a T in the line that's running from the MAP to the hardline that runs up the passenger side of the intake and up to the TB. Just put the T between the line from the MAP and the hardline.

You can see the gold T in this picture back by the tranny dipstick on the passenger side.
gallery_107_75_263803.jpg

72firebird said:
I put a T in the line that's running from the MAP to the hardline that runs up the passenger side of the intake and up to the TB. Just put the T between the line from the MAP and the hardline.

You can see the gold T in this picture back by the tranny dipstick on the passenger side.
gallery_107_75_263803.jpg

THANKS!! Sould do the trick..

Make sure when you run your line you dont kink it....tap off the MAP sensor.

Jason

Recently i've been installing my boost guage off the line going to the charcoal cannister.. rite next to the line gong to the FPR. Reason is if you use the 3 bar sensor for engine management/alky kit.. if the boost line blows off.. you can get into trouble.

On a factory TTA.. nothing can get hurt if it blows off. Just a point of note in case future upgrades are alky system or some form of speed density setup.

Razor said:
Recently i've been installing my boost guage off the line going to the charcoal cannister.. rite next to the line gong to the FPR. Reason is if you use the 3 bar sensor for engine management/alky kit.. if the boost line blows off.. you can get into trouble.

On a factory TTA.. nothing can get hurt if it blows off. Just a point of note in case future upgrades are alky system or some form of speed density setup.
That's where I have mine also. Not for any other reason except it was almost a straight shot from the firewall, but now I can say it's because of my 3 bar map sensor. :biggrin:

Razor said:

On a factory TTA.. nothing can get hurt if it blows off. Just a point of note in case future upgrades are alky system or some form of speed density setup.[

/QUOTEI I just finished installing the alky control I bought.Worked for a while,but,now when I try to use the "test" function,light doesn't come on.Power on light is lit.
I just need some time to trace it don't.
Must be a wiring problem.

Back