Fuel sending unit / gauge voltage?

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
I've been doing a bunch of wiring lately and eventually realized that I had "folded" the ribbon on the back of the gauge cluster shorting out the fuel gauge connections and lights.

Now I have all that fixed, my fuel gauge doesn't seem to be working (sits at 3/4 when tank is full). In the gauge cluster the fuel gauge pins plug into 3 sockets. 1 12v, 1 ground and then the sending unit signal (I assume). Does anyone know what kind of voltage would be expected from the sending unit?

I tried multiple fuel gauges and they all read the same. I really, really don't want to replace the sending unit.....

sender is resistance (ohm )
analog is 0 ohm empty 90 ohm full
you can unplug connector at rear of car and check with an ohm meter
if you have full tank reading should be close to 90ohms and gauge should show full , 67ohms =3/4, 45ohms =1/2, 22 ohms = 1/4 , 0 is empty
if your reading at gauge cluster differ from the tank check the wiring especially the ground inside the trunk on driver side
(digital dash sender is 0 ohm empty 120 ohm full)

sender is resistance (ohm )
analog is 0 ohm empty 90 ohm full
you can unplug connector at rear of car and check with an ohm meter
if you have full tank reading should be close to 90ohms and gauge should show full , 67ohms =3/4, 45ohms =1/2, 22 ohms = 1/4 , 0 is empty
if your reading at gauge cluster differ from the tank check the wiring especially the ground inside the trunk on driver side
(digital dash sender is 0 ohm empty 120 ohm full)
Thank you!

I get 73 ohms between the signal terminal and ground when probing the sockets at the back of the fuel gauge pod. So that corresponds with the 3./4 full tank reading. I'll verify that the tank is actually full and fuel wasn't just backing up in the neck.

fuel gauge pod.jpg