boost guage install

xxninja

ok well i have my guage hooked into the nipple in the back of the intake. It works fine but i would like to change how i ran it.

i would like to run the boost guage line to that small bolt in the front of the intake, down by the thermostat housing under the coil pack.
Im sure alot of you are familiar with installing the guage this way.

but i need a little insight, as to....... how to hook the hose to that port.
I mean, what size fitting would i need and where can i get a fitting that will fit in the plug hole and seal the hose side. i assume it would have to have some sort of crush sleeve.
I've been looking at harware store for ideas, but im kind of stumped as in, what to use.

do you all have any pictures or ideas for me, i know some of you have done it this way

i'd appreciate any sort of info, links , or picture you could pass along to me

my email is xxninja@aol.com
thanx alot guys

~brian

I have my gage T'd into the line going to the MAP sensor.
The bolt in the front is 1/8 compression fitting thread (straight thread). 1/8NPT may work as well. Use some high temp sealant on the threads.

If you decide to use the front port/hole, You may want to consider running some copper tubing to the back so you won't have a chance of melting the plastic tubing. It will make for a safer and cleaner install.

Personally, I like a short tube for (in theory) better and faster sensing.
I am sure some of the expert will jump in.

When I installed my Autometer Boost Gauge using the front of the intake the installation kit that Autometer provided had all of the fittings that I needed.

It's pretty easy to do...Just a little tight working in that area.