You can type here any text you want

boost memory for a boost guage????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1985GN

Breaking parts
hey i was just wondering about this when a freind of mine brought it up. is there anyway to put some kind of check valve or sorts in the vacuum line going to the boost guage so that it would hold the highest boost on that run?? like a rpm memory on a tach. just thorwing it out there since sometimes its hard to look at that boost gauge on a run? any ideas??

sure...I don't know what the part number is, but send an e-mail to Nick and ask him

That seems like a good idea, just setup a 2nd gauge somewhere with the check valve in it, that way you still have the other boost gauge that shows current boost instead of just max.

Thats what I did ( I saw it on Dave Poppys car ) not sure if I spelled his last name right. :rolleyes: I got a tire pressure gage from Jegs and installed it on the drivers fender with some velcro. T'd into the vac line going to the vapor canister and installed a check valve in the line going to the gage. Then press the button on the gage and release the pressure.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
Thats what I did ( I saw it on Dave Poppys car ) not sure if I spelled his last name right. :rolleyes: I got a tire pressure gage from Jegs and installed it on the drivers fender with some velcro. T'd into the vac line going to the vapor canister and installed a check valve in the line going to the gage. Then press the button on the gage and release the pressure.
Tarey D.
I want to do this too. I'm curious though why you need a check valve if the gauge has a pressure hold feature? Vacuum would just hold the needle down to the pin right?

The gage has a buttom so you can air the tire down without taking the gage off the tire. When you cut the end off that goes on the valve stem it doesn't hold pressure anymore. The gage had a hose on it that I bought.
Tarey D.

OK, I got it. I have one of those gauges that hold the reading but I thought the button held pressure.It makes sense now that the inlet valve is what holds the air in the gauge and the button just lets it out. Thanks for getting me to think!

Summit sells a tire gauge that has a check valve and reliece button on it for 12.00.I cut the end off and mounted it under the hood last year @ the nats .Thats how I got the idea to make these

Autometer also makes a full sweep electric bost/vacuum gauge.

It has a peak memroy on it as well as a programmable warning light, which could be used for bracket racing or just letting you know when you've reached your launch boost or max boost etc. It also comes with a MAP sensor and recalibrates itself to zero everytime you turn on the ignition. I'm not sure what they go for in the US but I would guess in the $150 - $175 range. They're about $240 here.

Autometer also sells an inline check valve for just this purpose. I'll post the part number when I can find it.

Tom Houser
Performance Instruments
www.gnxdash.com

Back