You can type here any text you want

Boost Problems??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GBSOUTH

I Have A 82' Sports Coupe And I Dont Really Know Anything About Turbos, But The Boost Gauge In The Dash Isnt Lighting Up Not Even When I Rev The Engine. I Took A Look A Seen That The Pulley On The Smart Pump Was Missing Does That Have Sum To Do With It.

it wont light up just revving the engine, you have to be in gear, driving. check to see if the lights work by grounding the wires to the underhood boostlight switches, on my car they are located lh side on the fender, unsure if the same in 82, but someone here will know for sure, does the car have power? how does it run?

it wont light up just revving the engine, you have to be in gear, driving. check to see if the lights work by grounding the wires to the underhood boostlight switches, on my car they are located lh side on the fender, unsure if the same in 82, but someone here will know for sure, does the car have power? how does it run?

I WAS DRIVEN AND IT DIDNT MOVE BUT ALL THE LIGHTS DO WORK , ILL CHECK TO SEE WHERE THE BOOST LIGHT IS , IT RUNS GOOD THE MOTOR WAS REBUILT 2 YRS AGO

Welcome aboard. You need to get a real boost guage, don't rely on the lights. All they tell you is whether or not you have boost. You need to see how much you have total to make sure there aren't any problems.

Welcome aboard. You need to get a real boost guage, don't rely on the lights. All they tell you is whether or not you have boost. You need to see how much you have total to make sure there aren't any problems.

IS THE CAR STILL GETTIN BOOST WITHOUT THE GAUGE READING, HOW CAN I TELL IF THE TURBO IS EVEN WORKING

You don't need to shout so please don't. If you get a real boost guage with pressure readings is how you check to see if everything is working. Since the car runs that's a start. You can take the down pipe off the turbo to see if it spins freely and doesn't have a lot of up and down movement. You can then get a vac tester to see if waste gate actuator is holding and not keeping the waste gate from doing it's job. While you have the actuator off move the lever to see it's binding up. The mechanical check are the first thing you need to do and until you get some sort of boost guage that's about all you can do.

You don't need to shout so please don't. If you get a real boost guage with pressure readings is how you check to see if everything is working. Since the car runs that's a start. You can take the down pipe off the turbo to see if it spins freely and doesn't have a lot of up and down movement. You can then get a vac tester to see if waste gate actuator is holding and not keeping the waste gate from doing it's job. While you have the actuator off move the lever to see it's binding up. The mechanical check are the first thing you need to do and until you get some sort of boost guage that's about all you can do.

LOL IM NOT SHOUTING, BUT ILL DO THAT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING PPRECIATE THE INFO THO

I just find an open road and smash the gas and listen 2 see if i hear it spool:biggrin:

Back