**Boost Readings** different gauge different reading??

87chrisss

BLUBYU
So i swapped out my old boost gauge with a nice new one, BUT im getting less vacuum reading on idle. Before it would read 'vacuum' 20 on old gauge at idle and now reads 18? I got on the car, and what i had set it to with my old boost gauge was 18psi now gauge reads 22-23 psi @ WOT ?? WTF? One gauge is obviously wrong but which one? how to test? i tried it a few times and sure enough 22-23 psi i remember my old boost gauge would always stop before 20 psi. What should i do? Im concerned..This type of inconsistency pisses me off. i think im going to run my other boost gauge into a pod in the car take a video of it and send it to auto meter.

20 inches of vacuum at idle????? I don't know of too many of our Buicks that can pull that much vacuum at idle, not even stock.

Really? Well since i was chasing the high bl's awhile back i changed the following, welded my header's changed my pcv valve to a HD brass one, changed all my vacuum lines, zip tied etc, i also did the plenum/doghouse gaskets and put new bolts, and since then i have always had good vacuum.

So i swapped out my old boost gauge with a nice new one, BUT im getting less vacuum reading on idle. Before it would read 'vacuum' 20 on old gauge at idle and now reads 18? I got on the car, and what i had set it to with my old boost gauge was 18psi now gauge reads 22-23 psi @ WOT ?? WTF? One gauge is obviously wrong but which one? how to test? i tried it a few times and sure enough 22-23 psi i remember my old boost gauge would always stop before 20 psi. What should i do? Im concerned..This type of inconsistency pisses me off. i think im going to run my other boost gauge into a pod in the car take a video of it and send it to auto meter.
What kind of fuel do you use?

93/mixed with e85
This would explain why you're able to run 23 lbs of boost without ignition retard. As TurboDave said,20 lbs vacuum is not the norm. I would think the new gauge is correct. A third gauge would help.

buy a calibrated guage or a calibrated quality map sensor and use data logs as reference. The boost number doesnt really matter.