You can type here any text you want

Boost spike with xfi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CS99

I recently put in a weber 109 stroker. I now have a 5 psi boost spike using an in car bleeder valve. The boost spike used to be around 2psi with the stock block. I know it is spooling quicker, but want to know if there is anything I can do within XFI to slow the spike. Mabey add more fuel?

You should be using the FAST XFI boost control really, but your using what type of gate? Its a RJC bleeder?

You should be using the FAST XFI boost control really, but your using what type of gate? Its a RJC bleeder?
I have been watching that thread and plan on doing it. I am using an hks in the crossover pipe. Boost spike wasn't an issue until I put the new motor in. The srtoker block seems to spool the turbo quicker. On a side note: What does the restricter do that is in the plastic Y for the stock wastegate?

I have been watching that thread and plan on doing it. I am using an hks in the crossover pipe. Boost spike wasn't an issue until I put the new motor in. The srtoker block seems to spool the turbo quicker. On a side note: What does the restricter do that is in the plastic Y for the stock wastegate?

The wastegate method is the best way. The restrictor limits the volume to the actuator and solenoid so that the solenoid only has to bleed off a small amount of air to have a bigger effect at the actuator. If the restrictor was missing boost would be low and if it was too small boost would be high.

The wastegate method is the best way. The restrictor limits the volume to the actuator and solenoid so that the solenoid only has to bleed off a small amount of air to have a bigger effect at the actuator. If the restrictor was missing boost would be low and if it was too small boost would be high.
Thank you.

What size is the gate on the car, and what turbo?

Back