You can type here any text you want

BOPC Florida Finals in Gainesville Dec 2nd

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alvareracing

come join us at the Gainesville Raceway on December 2nd for some Heads-up racing in the new Turbo Buick TSL class and the Pontiac LS1 and 2 class. Plus Pro/superpro combo and street gamblers brakect class, big carshow and swap meet to boot. For more info on the race and on hotels visit the bopcracing.com

fernando alvare

We're about a month away so make your plans to attend a race,carshow, and swap meet at the Gainesville Raceway December 2nd. We have comfirmed Cal Hartline and his turbo guys to show off our V6 Buicks against the Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs. Now we need the brut V8's to shut the rest of them down. So tell your buddies in the southeast to come and support this event. For more info and on hotels visit bopcracing.com

fernando

GAINSVILLE RACEWAY DEC 2nd

Hey guys, looks like a nice event. You can enter, test and tune all day, 10 to 4, for $25 or enter, put your car in the car show for $15and spectate. Spectate only for $10. NO CHEVYS, MUSTANGS, OR RICERS. :tongue: Just BOPC. I know I can beat all the Cadillacs. :redface: Many hardcore racers attending.

All the info you need contact Fernando at

813 973 3047

BOPC Dyno Day

Hey guys. Just thought I would let you know that there will be a dyno day the day before the BOPC in Gainesville at Rollins Automotive. We have a Dynojet 248H dyno and two pulls with be $50. I am an Olds guy myself but would love to see some Turbo Regals give the rollers a spin!!

Kevin

352-335-7223

after I make a few more posts I will get our website up :)

I wish that dyno was one of those portable ones that could be set up at the track. That would be fun to see cars on there.

New sponsord for the BOPC event are :
Torque Tech
National Parts Depot
Automotive Maching Performance
KDK Performance
Hartline Performance
Brothers Powder Coating
Mondello Performance
Year One
Eastwood
Stage-8 fastners
Poston Enterprises
Hagerty Classic Insurance
Holiday Inn
Its looking good, should have a good turn out, is up to you guys to support it!

fernando alvare

Info

come join us at the Gainesville Raceway on December 2nd for some Heads-up racing in the new Turbo Buick TSL class and the Pontiac LS1 and 2 class. Plus Pro/superpro combo and street gamblers brakect class, big carshow and swap meet to boot. For more info on the race and on hotels visit the bopcracing.com

fernando alvare

ANY IDEA WHO WILL BE DOING TECH AT THIS EVENT ?

IS IT GOING TO BE BY THE BOOK ?

THANKS
DON

g ville

Hey guys, looks like a nice event. You can enter, test and tune all day, 10 to 4, for $25 or enter, put your car in the car show for $15and spectate. Spectate only for $10. NO CHEVYS, MUSTANGS, OR RICERS. :tongue: Just BOPC. I know I can beat all the Cadillacs. :redface: Many hardcore racers attending.

All the info you need contact Fernando at

813 973 3047

John you need to learn to beat other turbo regals. Not cadillacs :eek: By the way 20's belong on caddy's not regals. ;)

I look forward to this. Sounds like an interesting event. Car show and racing!

I would assume that Gainesville Raceway employees will be doing the teching of the cars. Expect to have NHRA rules enforced pretty strongly, though tech at Super Chevy was a breeze (I am a regular though so maybe thats why).

I've been to Gainesville a couple of times. I've noticed the tech is always by track personal and when its a special or rented track event(like this I assume) the tech is pretty loose if you are a new driver. If you bring a street car you shouldn't have any problems as long as you are prepared. Dont show up with a 10 second car and no bar in other words and you should be fine. Just use a little common sense.

I agree with Eric, Don Robertson knows all about the black Buicks and he will throw you out (on the trailer) if you are not legal. 11's et need roll bars, and a jacket. 9's or faster you better have a NHRA license and certified roll bar. He has some what warned me. Unfortunately we all have been ruined with Bowling green and some of the other individually owned tracks and that kind of stuff wont be permitted in a NHRA owned track. So be smart and wait until the end to let her eat.

fernando

I agree with Eric, Don Robertson knows all about the black Buicks and he will throw you out (on the trailer) if you are not legal. 11's et need roll bars, and a jacket. 9's or faster you better have a NHRA license and certified roll bar. He has some what warned me. Unfortunately we all have been ruined with Bowling green and some of the other individually owned tracks and that kind of stuff wont be permitted in a NHRA owned track. So be smart and wait until the end to let her eat.

fernando

What time does the gates open for this event?? I can't get off of work, but my pops would like to go...

better check the weatherchannel before you head for gainesville this week end it looks we race on nov 9,th was in daytona and deland rained all day .w/c calls for rain all weekend:mad:

I just looked at the weather report for Gainesville for Saturday. There is an ever so slight chance of light rain in the early morning. Later is the afternoon the rain chance will increase to 30%. The temperature should not be above the low to mid 70's. If you live in Florida the rain, if it happens, will come and go very fast. It should not have an effect on the entire day. Good luck on your racing.

gainsville

The rain ruined our day. No racing. We spent most of the day pinned up inside of Jason's car trailer. Talked to Cal for a minute. Hung out with RDR racing as usual. Sorry I did not get pics of all the bad buicks. Seemed like everytime I ventured out of the car trailer the drizzling rain got worse.

pics011.jpg

pics010.jpg

pics009.jpg

pics008.jpg

pics007.jpg

pics006.jpg

pics005.jpg

nice pics Wes wish I was their to hang out with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD:p

Back