You can type here any text you want

Boss 338 Super Finish Black Center 18" Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

I am thinking of upgrading my stock GN wheels for some Boss 338 Super Finish Black Center wheels from Summit Racing. Up front 18x8, 5X4.75 bolt pattern with a 4.517 BS and the rear 18x9.5, 5x4.75 bolt pattern with a 5.031 BS. Will these fit a stock GN ? If so does anyone have any pics of them on their car ? Thanks, Kyle.

Boss also makes the same style wheel in 17x8, what do you guys think, 17's or 18's ?

18's have a better choice of tires but since the sidewalls are shorter it will be easier to blow them off.

I had the 18*9.5 on my 87 Turbo T with 275/40. That was one big tire in the back it was tight but it fit. With LS brakes on the front of mine the 18*8 did not have enough bs. So consider that if you are going to upgrade the brakes. Take a look at Rev wheels they are a real nice wheel and I have 17*9 275/40 & 17*7 with 235/45s on the T now.

I had the 18*9.5 on my 87 Turbo T with 275/40. That was one big tire in the back it was tight but it fit. With LS brakes on the front of mine the 18*8 did not have enough bs. So consider that if you are going to upgrade the brakes. Take a look at Rev wheels they are a real nice wheel and I have 17*9 275/40 & 17*7 with 235/45s on the T now.
what wheel did you get for the fronts?
I am in the middle of doing the LS front brakes and was going with these wheels (Boss 338 18X8 F and 18X9.5 R)
Thanks

The tire will be right below the wheel well bolts on the DS, and it will rub.
Do you have aftermarket springs?
18*8 with a +12 offset may work.

I measured my BS and had over 5 in available on the front if I recall correctly. The 17*7 Rev100 I have on there now has 4in of BS and works well.

Discount Tire price matched onlinetires.com for me in Colorado SpPrings.
Here is a link showing BS
http://www.performanceplustire.com/buy-wheels-online/rev-wheels/classic-100-anthracite-rim

The tire will be right below the wheel well bolts on the DS, and it will rub.
Do you have aftermarket springs?
I measured my BS and had over 5 in available on the front if I recall correctly. The 17*7 Rev100 I have on there now has 4in of BS and works well.

Discount Tire price matched onlinetires.com for me in Colorado SpPrings.
Here is a link showing BS
http://www.performanceplustire.com/buy-wheels-online/rev-wheels/classic-100-anthracite-rim

Nope OE tired springs that i was hoping to keep since the car sits perfect.
Hopefully my body alignment is slightly different and fit. I will test fit the 18X8 0 Offset anyway before i freak out.

Don't forget new 18 in an aggressive summer tire is going to improve handling and body role may become more apparent.

Back