You can type here any text you want

Bought the large 2 piston Wilwood Calipers...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazi

Why Try...
Just ordered them this weekend and wondering if I need to change to a larger bore M/C to maintain pedal feel? I saw a few threads about these calipers but no one mentioned anything about the master. I am not even sure what size is on the car but trying to line the ducks up so I know what to expect...

I got the larger dual piston option (1.6") from Summit for $165 shipped. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-11872-bk/overview/

No need for a larger M/C, if the above values of 1.6" are the caliper bore diameters, there will be a loss of 18% in clamping force (front braking).

Best way to make up for that is to use better pads then what is (was) on the car.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks! Now how did you come up with this?

My theory was that the clamping force would increase but pedal travel also might be more do to the larger area of the pistons. I also thought it might requiring more pedal force to get the same braking but am upgrading pads to hawk hp plus to try to get some braking back.

Nevermind... I was doing the math wrong. I doubled the 1.6 and did the math versus doubling the results after I calculated the clamping force. :oops:

Just went back and looked at the wilwood site and information was right there plain as day. 4.9 vs 4.12 = 16% less clamping force.

Got these installed today with Hawk HP+ pads. My old pads/rotors (don't remember what brand) were due for replacement so its not a fair comparison but feels as good as I ever remember my car stopping. Previous best setup was Performance Friction Z rated pads. These feel every bit as good as those if not better.

Back