You can type here any text you want

bp oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hopefully someone with experience using Brad Penn oil will chime in. With that being said I have not used any YET. All the reading I have done on the Brad Penn oils states it has a sufficient amount of zinc already in it so it is not necessary to put any additive in the oil. I will be switching to Brad Penn oil just have not done it yet.

No additives with Brad Penn oil. It has sufficient amounts of ZDDP in it. Maybe OiLman will chime in and give you more info.

Brad Penn

I use only Brad Penn. I still have a flat tappit cam. My brother is a big block Chevelle owner. He also has Brad Penn in his LS6. Maryland International Raceway is our local track, alot of the pro drivers use Brad Penn. Joe Gibbs has the same ingrediants.

Brad Penn Oil

when using brad penn racing oil should an additive still be used?

I've been using Brad Penn Oil (10W-40) for some time now and you are correct, it does contain an appropriate amount of Zinc (ZDDP). However as I've been told, the level of ZDDP depletes quite substantially over the first few hundred miles, which would take these levels below what we'd like to see in our oil.

Not sure if the "Racing Oil" your using is any different than their 10W-40 for Zinc (ZDDP) levels?

I have been adding only 1/2 bottle of ZDDP to my oil changes when using Brad Penn as I was advised to do.

dave

Back