You can type here any text you want

Brake Bleeding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You don't have to bleed the brakes when installing a new accumulator ball. :)

Well i thought I might just change the fluid since I've read it's a good idea to keep the fluid fresh and I don't know how long its been in there.

If you want to remove any dirty contaminated fluid from the master cylinder you can do it with a small turkey baster device and leave about 1/8" of fluid above the ports then refill according to the manual or directions on the top of the master cylinder cover.

If you wish to actually remove all the line fluid and bleed them the best method I have found is the two man method starting with the pass. rear then the drivers rear then pass. front then the drivers front. No matter what method you use such as a power bleeder, gravity bleeding etc. the wheel order is the same.

I just make sure the key is off no pump running ever, and then have the person in the drivers seat manually pump them and work the bleeders at each wheel. Fill the master cylinder after each wheel is bled about 4-5 times, or at least check it that often so the ports don't get uncovered.

Make sure you take great care with the rear bleeders and use some penetrating oil on them as they are small and usually rusty.

Back