You can type here any text you want

brake conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodaniel

clean air 1
looking for some info, just bought 87 gn set-up for racing, car has manuel steering and brakes looking to convert back to power. wondering what is best way to go? saw a hydroboost setup that might work, also wondering if champion power steering, alt bracket, works with electric water pump

i would like to upgrade brakes too. bump for you, my friend.

um...how is it converted to manual brakes? I'm actually looking to go manual from power, I'm a SBC with no vacuum. Possible trade?
if not, hydroboost is a nice setup but pricey. otherwise you might consider a tandem MC from Wilwood and a new and maybe smaller diameter vacuum booster.

if you want to do steering too, I'd look at a Sweet Manufacturing 600 series box. They're the newer, lighter (10lbs) upgrade from what came in our cars originally (700 series). Plus, they can build it for what ever ratio and feel you want. Most other boxes (AGR, flaming river) are stock boxes w/fancy end caps. Maybe faster ratio but no option for valve changes.

My .02

Champion bracket will work with the electric water pump, but you will need to get a smaller RJC crank pulley.

As for conversions if you have enough vacuum you can do the booster conversions. These are complete with master, booster, pedal and vacuum block. Check out G-bodyparts.com, Brian sells them.

Hydroboost is another option, and works great (runs higher line pressure than vacuum system, and is great for low vacuum situations). You can check these out at hydratech.

HTH
Thx!

Back