You can type here any text you want

Brake Job on TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Zink57

Guys
Is there anything that I need to know about changing the brakes on the TTA (1LE)? I took off the rear wheel and noticed that they are very different then my other cars. How do I remove the caliper from the rotor... is there a bolt that I need to unscrew. The brakes on my other vehicles have the hex bolt holding the caliper on the rotor. The TTA brakes appear to be held on via bolts and "spring"??? What are the "best" practices when changing out pads on this car? Are the front and rear brakes the same (besides the rotor being slightly larger on front)...??

Any helpfull hints would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

I don't remember exactly on the rear, but on the front there is a pin that slides through the caliper and the mounting bracket. There will be a little clip on one side of it that you can to pop off then slide the pin out and the caliper will pivot up and then you can slide it out. Don't take the mounting bolts for the caliper mounting bracket off on the front, they're loc-tited on and things will just become more complicated (I learned this from experience)/

Back