You can type here any text you want

Brake light comes on and off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EGOKILR

Dont Worry, Be Happy.
Before my brakes had totally went out. Found a fuse blown and brakes were still good no problems for about 2 months. I noticed the peddle vibrates for a little bit and then stops. Scary, is it my accumulator. I know I am going to switch to the vacuum soon, but for now just wondering.

I just experienced the vibrating brake pedal 2 weeks ago. Then it was followed by an overheating powermaster motor. I never blew a fuse. My powermaster motor was making weird noises when it would cycle. Once it would be a nice hum, the next time it was a tapping noises that was quite a bit louder. I ended up changing the powermaster motor and everything has been fine since.

Thanks

I will check on that and listen and smell and monitor everything. I will go and convert to vacuum as my buddy did. It is alot cheaper than even getting an accumulator ball. Says it only took a little over an hour to change.

If I were you I would try and go all new parts on the conversion. I know gbodyparts.com sells the whole conversion kit for $350. I believe that includes the vacuum block with the extra nipple, a check valve, new master cylinder and brake pedal. I had a friend who went to the junk yard to buy the whole unit off a 86 Regal. After about a week he was coming to a light and his master cylinder took a crap. He ended up going through a red light. Lucky no body was coming the other way. I changed only the the motor because I am selling the car and it only cost me $160. for the motor.

Back