You can type here any text you want

brake light flickers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ahollowtub

Brake light on the dash flickers when I hit the brakes.Would this be the accumulator ball going out?Fine one week and started flickering the next....If it is the ball,where should I order a new one from??No vacuum brakes here,ill go to hydroboost 1st.

ahollowtub said:
Brake light on the dash flickers when I hit the brakes.Would this be the accumulator ball going out?Fine one week and started flickering the next....If it is the ball,where should I order a new one from??No vacuum brakes here,ill go to hydroboost 1st.
----------------------------------------------
I don't think that it necessarily has to be your accumulator bowl, but it generally is when the light flickers. Try these places;
1 Kirban Performance parts
(might be a waiting list at Kirban's)
2 Brian Weaver at GBodyParts

The brake light in the dash comes on for 2 reasons...
1 - because the parking brake is on
2 - because there is low pressure in the high pressure side of the Powermaster.

As I will guess you don't have a problem with the parking brake, you should run some diagnostics on the PM to determine why the pressure isn't high enough. It could be the Acc ball, the pump or the cylinder leaking. Most likely the accumulator as they are typically the first to go, but to be sure check here:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html

Wow, that looks like it may be an original from back in the day.

I ordered the troubleshooter booklet from Postons (I memory serves) a few years back and it is 55 pages. Very comprehensive. It has a complete teardown and rebuild section in it. It came in quite handy when I found out my PM had to be rebuilt. Funny, I just checked their website and now they have the 13 page booklet?

tub - Kirbans is still waiting on the shipment of acc's from their supplier. They are hoping for delivery in the next month or so. So far as I have found, they have the best price. There are a few others floating around if you can't wait, but the cost is well over $200. :eek: I guess they know how hard these are getting to find. After checking Postons website, they say they have some for $149, little better than Kirbans @ $152.95. Probably better call to make sure they have some.

HTH

Back