You can type here any text you want

Brake Light On

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

I started up my car today and the brake light came on the dash. I converted to hydroboost a few months ago. The pedal is very soft when you push on it. It was acting right up until today. Proportioning valve or bad Hydroboost unit? (Cardone).

I assume the brake fluid level is ok. Was the master cylinder new at the time of your conversion?

Bad master cylinder, or a leak in the brake system. Bad HB will not cause the brake light to come on. Only the proportioning valve will turn the light on in a non-Powermaster equipped car....converted cars as well. Check for leaks in the lines, calipers, hoses, rear wheel cylinders, and around the master cylinder. If no leaks, I would lean towards the master being bad. Can happen...even on the new ones. I have a bad one on my newly converted 87 T. :( ---Keith

I pressed my parking brake and then released it and my stupid brake light is on. I pressed the parking brake again and when I released it the light flickered. I think a wire became disconnected down near the release on mine because my power disaster seems to be ok.

Back