You can type here any text you want

Brake light ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TWISTER

When I first start my car and go to leave the brake light may come on once when I hit the brakes and the rears always lock up at an idle. After I hit the brakes a couple times while driving there seems to be no issues. Im thinking its the accumulator ball maybe bleeding off as it sits for awhile? I have s 10 wheel cyl. and big shoes on the rear.They like to lock up if I hit them hard also ,do I need a different proportioning valve also? TIA

Not sure about the proportioning valve, but you may just have them adjusted too tight. Could be an air issue, I have seen it happen.

The light in the dash comes on for 2 reasons...
1 - your parking brake is on.
2 - low pressure in the PM assembly.

Depending on the miles, and what may have already been done to your PM, the accumulator ball is most likely.

Do some diagnosis and you will find your problem for sure.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html

I figured it was the ball and Im sure its gonna get worse , I better get a new one, I see they sell a rechargable one for $450, I think Ill pass on that one. LOL Prolly bleed the whole system while Im at it too.

Back