You can type here any text you want

Brake Pads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTA1326

I'm going to do the front and rear pads at the same time and get all of the rotors turned just enough to clean them up. What brake pads is everybody using on these cars? I can buy these at a good price break, but GM is still pretty proud of the OE pads. They also told me that the OE pads are semi-metallic, but I was thinking about using ceramic pads. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I run ceramic,these wheels are to hard to keep clean without them. Rears I bought at Advance, fronts from Autozone. Probably around $80 total if I remember correctly.

I checked on the ceramic pads at AutoZone. Morse or somebody? What brand did you get? They have to order them, but it only takes 3 days.

I replaced my front pads with Wagner ceramics and my rears with Raybestos quiet stop ceramic.

I have been happy with both sets. If I would do it all over again I would just stick with the Raybestos as they are cheaper. I can also hold 4-5 PSI with them on the track. I never pushed them any harder but I'm sure they could yield a little more if you are interested in that aspect.

PGD413QS Quiet Stop ceramic
BTW for front pads replace 413 with 412 in the above part numbers(MKD412, PGD412QS, ect..)

Jason

Yes, they are Morse, but from both stores. One is lableled "friction master" or something. But both sets were Morse.

I replaced my front pads with Wagner ceramics and my rears with Raybestos quiet stop ceramic.

I have been happy with both sets. If I would do it all over again I would just stick with the Raybestos as they are cheaper. I can also hold 4-5 PSI with them on the track. I never pushed them any harder but I'm sure they could yield a little more if you are interested in that aspect.

Jason

Do you have line-lock? Or are you just foot-braking it?

Jason is talking foot-braking to launch the car...line-lock only locks the front and is for burnouts only.

:confused:

Yes, I know exactly what he's talking about. A car can be launched foot-braking or off of the line-lock. Line locks are not 'only' used for burnouts. I'm asking which one he is using.

Did my question really sound that oblivious?

:confused:

Yes, I know exactly what he's talking about. A car can be launched foot-braking or off of the line-lock. Line locks are not 'only' used for burnouts. I'm asking which one he is using.

Did my question really sound that oblivious?

Line-locks are not designed for launching even though some seem to try and do it :confused:

Jason has a transbrake but he is refering to foot-braking in this conversation about brake pads holding 4-5 psi.

Do you have line-lock? Or are you just foot-braking it?

Like Scott said, I have a linelock for doing burnouts but just footbrake the car to launch. To effectively use a linelock to launch you will have to have two linelocks. One for the front and one for the rear brakes.

Jason

Back