Brake pipe

blackbird

skunk works
Freakin brake pipe broke in the rear!!!! couldnt be a hose:( Do I have to make it or can I buy one??

i dont know if you can buy just a single line . i know you can buy the 7pc set. i just bent my own rear axle lines in 1/2 hour, then blead all 4 corners with new fluid.

what line do you need? if you need the main line the one that goes from the single in into the T block have it. post a pic of what you need and i will see if i have it and if i dont im sure i can get one.

The long feed line isn't easy to make without some long steel tube stock and a good flare tool.

The other two steel rear lines can be made from pre-formed pipe available from most parts stores in standard lengths that I don't remember offhand.

Just take whats left of your line and measure all the straight lenths on it and add a couple of inches for the bends and you should be able to pick up a pre-made length of tube to bend in there.

However it won't have the springs in it or a factory look and all the bends in it unless you are real good at bending up tubing.

I made a couple for the WE4 winter driver and kept more clearance from the axle tube so salt and dirt aren't trapped in there like in the past.

I also bought a complete kit in stainless from Classic Tube that I will use on the 3 season GN to swap out the stock stuff and still look (bendwise) stock/original on that car.

I did use the long Classic Tube feed line in stainless on the driver however. :smile:

thanks for the help fellas, the pipe i need is the one for the left rear tire, its the real long one. Ill see if i can get a pic of it.

thanks for the help fellas, the pipe i need is the one for the left rear tire, its the real long one. Ill see if i can get a pic of it.

is it the one that goes from the T block to the wheel cylinder. if it is i might be able to get the one of my old rearend.

The long feed line isn't easy to make without some long steel tube stock and a good flare tool.

The other two steel rear lines can be made from pre-formed pipe available from most parts stores in standard lengths that I don't remember offhand.

Just take whats left of your line and measure all the straight lenths on it and add a couple of inches for the bends and you should be able to pick up a pre-made length of tube to bend in there.

However it won't have the springs in it or a factory look and all the bends in it unless you are real good at bending up tubing.

I made a couple for the WE4 winter driver and kept more clearance from the axle tube so salt and dirt aren't trapped in there like in the past.

I also bought a complete kit in stainless from Classic Tube that I will use on the 3 season GN to swap out the stock stuff and still look (bendwise) stock/original on that car.

I did use the long Classic Tube feed line in stainless on the driver however. :smile:

Thanks for the advertisement :). Is the kit they sell a COMPLETE KIT.... IE.. from power powermaster to all 4 corners?

Sorry, I havent replied for a while (been out at sea) The pipe is the really long one that goes from the front to the rear on the left side of the frame. If you have a manual its on 5-14 figure 19 brake pipes and park brake cables g carline and its #5. Man...I'm thinking of JBwelding it just till I get back from this next cruise.