You can type here any text you want

Brake problem.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REM3200

OK, here we go. The brakes work fine as long as you are just loafing along and using them easy. However, if I hit them quick and hard the pedal gets hard instantly and no power brakes. That is the only time they act up. I had the accumulator bowl replaced a couple of years ago and all was well until recently. The PM motor runs for about 3-4 sec. when I start the car and the light comes on for about the first 2-3 stops when the car is cold then stays off. As I said, everything seems fine until I have to hit the brakes hard.

I plan to replace the accumulator bowl again and was wondering if someone could walk me through the actual procedure to change out the bowl?? It does not seem to be a big deal but I don't want to mess it up through ignorance. Thanks.....James

The car is an 87 T-Type Limited w/ 52K miles

Accumulator ball just screws on,make sure you depressurize system before replacing,Sounds as if motor isnt giving you the pressure you need.Make sure your system is bled well.

Depressurize ???

Do you just depress the brake pedal 10 times with the ignition off and then unscrew the bowl and screw on the new one and start her up???

Yep, thats all you do. I just changed mine with the Kirban replacement bowl. Just put a rag under the old bowl as you unscrew it. Took me like 10 minutes to change mine. They also recommend you change you brake fluid.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

iF YOU CHANGE THE ACCUMULATOR, AND STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM, THE MOTOR IS WEARING OUT. wE RECOMMEND THE HYDROBOOST CONVERSION, AND THE CAR'S BRAKES WILL BE TROUBLE FREE FOR YEARS. THE HYDROBOOST RUNS OFF OF THE POWER STEERING PRESSURE AND IS INSTANT ON. READ "POWERMASTER REBUILT?"

Back