Brake Question

SloRegal

Well, I cant seem to build any boost at the line. People say to press on the brakes till my face looks like this:mad: but it doesnt do any thing but roll through the beams at about 4psi. What is the cheapest way I get some holding power? I have transbrake but I hear people holding 8+ with just footbrake. Any replies will be helpful Thanks in advanced:)

Some of the more adventurous use the E-brake.

There are softer shoes, using 4 large shoes from two sets, wider shoes, and larger (S10) wheel cylinders. All are cheap but you takes your chances on the highway and/or stopping at the end of a run if you don't use an adjustable proportioning valve (and adjust it between launch and brake time).

I don't know if they are available, but there was a neat combo valve bypass set up in GM High Tech's last issue. Ron's Custom was developing it if I am not mistaken.

gnttype.org will have info on many of these options as well as a vendor listing. You could also search here on specific options. I don't use any of them, but am an avid e-searcher, so take it for what it is worth.

Tom

Yeah I have a 9X11 3200 stall l/u spooling a TE-45. I just have the stock size shoes and pads but converted to vaccum brakes.