You can type here any text you want

Brake Switch Threads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anyone know the thread size(s) on the factory brake and cruise switches?

Is there a nut(s) available that will fit in there to hold them tightly?

TIA

Are they threaded or just a bunch of concentric rings? I've never looked that closely, just shoved 'em into place. :)

Thanks, and I even did a search and couldn't find it. :oops:

Every time I shove it in Earl it pops out. :eek:;)o_O

Great info. hopefully no more dead batteries after I slice up my fingers getting that spring metal "holder" out of the bracket and using my nuts. :p

Sounds like a well placed zip tie can fix you up.

Back when I ran powermasters I had that problem too. For some reason, my pedal could come back more than usual and cause the brake lights to stay on. I wouldn't know it until I got home most of the time. Sometimes I'd notice refraction in my window tint and fix it on the fly. I think that's the reason the underdash panel sags.... So you can reach through the opening and shove the switch back in place. :)

I tried the zip tie method and there's not much room in my car as that's where all my aftermarket wiring is and it slips off too.

I ordered $15 worth of jam s.s. grade 5 nuts from McMaster Carr for both, that will probably never get installed. :p

Gonna make a killing in the parts for sale section. :oops::rolleyes:

You have to love McMaster Carr, ordered 5pm last night here before noon. :cool:

20180202_121431.jpg

I tried the zip tie method and there's not much room in my car as that's where all my aftermarket wiring is and it slips off too.

I ordered $15 worth of jam s.s. grade 5 nuts from McMaster Carr for both, that will probably never get installed. :p

Gonna make a killing in the parts for sale section. :oops::rolleyes:
Love the selection they have.
Hate their shipping and handling charges.
5 Business days to Houston typical.

Back