You can type here any text you want

Brakes need going through, what are options?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

A standard shop can get me running again with stock replacements. What are the options as far as larger than stock diameter rotors? I work FT and go to school FT so time is limited to go on scavenger hunts for parts (LS1 conversion).

What's the best bang-for-the-buck?

thanks,
K

I will let others chime in on options for better braking at the wheels. To my knowledge you can't go with bigger disks unless you have more than the stock 15" wheels. I may (and probably am) wrong. I know there are bolt on replacement calipers available with larger pisitons that I want to try.

Even so, I would like to offer a piece of advice.

IF you have the stock PowerMaster, DON'T let the average brake shop touch it for maintanence unless there is a tech there who knows it well. Someone who doesn't know what they are doing will screw it up and end up costing you money in the long run.

True, I have vac. brakes and 16" GNx look-alikes. Front brakes are in trouble, I can either do a regular fixing with stock stuff or are there options for larger dia. rotors?

I'll check a few vendor sites

thanks for the info

True, I have vac. brakes and 16" GNx look-alikes. Front brakes are in trouble, I can either do a regular fixing with stock stuff or are there options for larger dia. rotors?

I know larger rotors are out there, I just haven't had the time to investigate. With vac brakes, you shouldn't have a problem. Everyone is familiar with them.

I now remember a thread here about 11" bolt in setup from (I believe) a Blazer. But you will then have mongrel brakes...if you can deal with it. But it sounds like you want something in a bolt in aftermarket. If you find something please post it up.

Good luck!

Thanks again, whatever I find I'll post it! I'm aware gbodyparts and cotton have something for front brakes that would eliminate the scavenger hunt issue...

Whats the price on the front Baer set-up.I have larger then stk. wheels also.

Back