You can type here any text you want

Brakes Problem - please help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

Clearing up some misconceptions....first part of your problem is the brake fluid....from what I read it was never flushed until now.

Second you never state what brake bowl is on your car. If its the original all black bowl 99% sure that will be the problem. The later GM brake bowl has the nut on the outer edge....and yellow wording on it...which still could be a problem.

We sell as does Gbodyparts etc the reproduction brake bowl that Cardone had made several years ago....GM Ac Delco doe snot have any new ones in stock.

I have some tested ones used originals by Richard Clark for $50 and $10 shipping.
Richard Clark is by far the best on brake problems and test equipment.

The reproduction brake bowl is slightly larger than the original one is.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

good luck with whatever you do....the brake lite coming on now once in awhile is
only going to get worse....we also sell complete rebuild units with a warranty and a core charge.

It was the damn accumulator ball. Thanks for all the tips.

Especially thanks to Dennis Kirban who sold me a used but tested good one really cheap.

Great to be driving it again! Now to tune it...

Change your brake lines . I went thru alot of money and the was the last thing I did which should have been the first . Unless you own a daily driver these cars sit to much and the front lines go bad which create other brakeline issues

what would a project like replacing the brake lines cost. (apprx.)?

I wasnt enough that I remember . It is expensive if you go with braided/steel lines . They are 100.00 a side . It is a pretty straight forward job . If you have shown some brake issues as I said I would replace the front lines .

Dennis Kirban and Rich Clark.

Thanks again to both of them for helping me out and getting me on my way, and cheaply too. Both great guys, the TR community is lucky to have them.

kirban 2 cents wort

Here is a few brake ideas that we sell as does others.

Both are cheap upgrades. Brae proportioning valve is located under the floor pan by your feet as the driver. GM used 4 different suppliers when our cars were new. Only one of the suppliers (Weatherhead) used a BRASS UNIT. Brass never rusts....the other 3 companies used material that rusted...

The odds are not in your favor that you got a brass one....check that out first.

Next, the short rubber-like flex hoses that go to each front caliper and the small rubber like jumper one on the rear, we sell a flex stainless set that is a nice upgrade....difference is the stainless flex lines don;t swell up...and they are not 20 plus years old like yours are.

Just doing this with fresh brake fluid will make a small difference in pedal feel...This is assuming you have no other brake line issues....us and gbodyparts offer these items....

Again just some suggestions both of which I have had done to my car....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back