You can type here any text you want

Brakes to floor every now and then??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cgamino

98% of time stock brakes are fine. Once in a while they go to floor. If I pump them they come back, but scares the crap out of me. Any idea what this could be or a way to fix it?????

thanks tgamino@yahoo.com

I dont know a lot about the setup on these, mine has vacuum conversion, but sounds like a bad master cylinder.

24 year old powermaster. The o-rings inside it tend to breakdown and then the brakes no longer work.

Worse is how it works "every once and a while" tricking one into thinking "well that was wierd, all seems ok now".....then you get up close and personal with your garage door or a neighbors fruitless mulbery tree.

There is a rebuild kit for the powermaster, or you can take it out and put it away and install vacuum brakes.

Almost everyone here has a story about when the powermaster let go. I made it 3/4 of the way into the yard of the house at the end of my street. Similar to the other three TR's I have had.

There is never a time when its ok to have 98% and brakes in the same sentence!!!!! :eek: My car sat in the garage for three years cause of bad brakes :mad: Convert to something!!! My pick was hydroboost!!!

I upgraded / downgraded to 85 style hydroboost, Now I have great brakes.

Back