You can type here any text you want

break light on

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shwab

Grand Nasty
started my car to go to work and the brake light came on and the peddle is so stiff u cant even push it down .... they worked fin the night before. there used to be a humming noise after i let off the brake that had developed but nothing ever seemed to be wrong. any ideas of what would be wrong?

Does the powermaster motor run at all now? As a first step, check the 30 amp fuse in the car.

Does the powermaster motor run at all now? As a first step, check the 30 amp fuse in the car.

checked it and its good ... that was the first thing i checked but i dont no much else about this breaking system, looks diff compared to the normal big booster im used to on the firewall

So, your booster motor doesn't run at all now? It should run every now and then after braking to recharge the accumulator, which is your power assist (the black ball in the photo). You can test the brake pressure switch by using an ohmmeter. Test to make sure all terminals have continuity to one another. If your switch is black, it is the old style that was replaced with a newer gray model as shown.
pressure-switch.jpg

So, your booster motor doesn't run at all now? It should run every now and then to recharge the accumulator. You can test the brake pressure switch by using an ohmmeter. Test to make sure all terminals have continuity to one another. If your switch is black, it is the old style that was replaced with a newer gray model as shown.
pressure-switch.jpg

is the booster motor the cylinder thing on the bottom? and mine has a gray switch

is the booster motor the cylinder thing on the bottom? and mine has a gray switch

Yep. The switch tells it to turn on and charge the accumulator when the pressure gets below a certain point. If the fuse was blown and keeps blowing, it usually means the motor is shorted by brake fluid leaking on it. Since your motor isn't running at all, it could be the switch or the motor itself could be dead.

Yep. The switch tells it to turn on and charge the accumulator when the pressure gets below a certain point. If the fuse was blown and keeps blowing, it usually means the motor is shorted by brake fluid leaking on it. Since your motor isn't running at all, it could be the switch or the motor itself could be dead.

does the fuse say power brake or something like that on the fuse block under the dash?... mines kinda hard to read the lettering is faded

the plug that goes to the switch was all wet so i took the airhose to them but nothin

Replace the switch. May not be the reason the pump isn't running but it is leaking

is there a special name for it? i went to the local parts store but they didnt know what it was called either, or do i have to get it from a dealer? would you happen to know what it cost?

Back