You can type here any text you want

BS3 and "Learning" A/F map

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davepl

One feature I liked on the old MS-DOS version of the FAST software was the ability to press "L" while you were in a load cell and it would automatically adjust the VE for that cell to match the feedback from the O2 sensor.

The BS3 manual mentions "Learning", but according to John Meaney, "learning function is disabled in GEN3 boxes". Good thing, too, because my learning table has wild 32-bit values in it.

Anyway, short of logging, going back, reviewing, and hand-calculating each cell, is there a shortcut? Something like the "L" key of old?

Thanks!
Dave

Most people just log it, overlay it, and trim the appropriate cells.

One day they'll invent some kind of computator that can do that automatically :-( Oh well.

I really wish someone like FAST or BS3 would publish their source code to their apps so others could run with it. After all, they require the world's biggest dongle (the ECU itself) to be useful, so its not like piracy would be a problem.

Then again, I wish GM would publish the source to an older controller (Turbo Buick, LT4, whatever) that's old enough not to be useful to other OEMs but valuable to the community.

Back