You can type here any text you want

BS3 for CA emissions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MY3TTYPES

In an article;

"If you want to enhance your vehicle's performance but don't want to fail the smog test, read the fine print on some of the products out there. You're going to want to find a product which has an Executive Order number. EO numbers are given only to performance products which the State of California has inspected and approved for street use. Performance Products with EO numbers can pass the smog test. Most manufactures of these products will stamp the EO number on their product. In some cases EO Numbered decals are provided with the component and required to be placed under the vehicle's hood. At any rate, the smog station which will be inspecting your vehicle must have the EO number readily available, either via a decal, stamp or the specific component's manual. Your vehicle will fail the smog test if you are not able to provide EO numbers for you performance products."

Does anyone know if the BS3 system has an "EO" number?

Signed, :confused: A Little Worried
TIA

MY3TTYPES said:
In an article;

"If you want to enhance your vehicle's performance but don't want to fail the smog test, read the fine print on some of the products out there. You're going to want to find a product which has an Executive Order number. EO numbers are given only to performance products which the State of California has inspected and approved for street use. Performance Products with EO numbers can pass the smog test. Most manufactures of these products will stamp the EO number on their product. In some cases EO Numbered decals are provided with the component and required to be placed under the vehicle's hood. At any rate, the smog station which will be inspecting your vehicle must have the EO number readily available, either via a decal, stamp or the specific component's manual. Your vehicle will fail the smog test if you are not able to provide EO numbers for you performance products."

Does anyone know if the BS3 system has an "EO" number?

Signed, :confused: A Little Worried
TIA

Dude,

Get the shop I told you about in the other thread to throw a stock computer on it for the test. It is not a big deal. Other options could arise as well. :biggrin:

The BS3 is not smog legal in California.

John Wilde said:
Dude,

Get the shop I told you about in the other thread to throw a stock computer on it for the test. It is not a big deal. Other options could arise as well. :biggrin:

The BS3 is not smog legal in California.

You know i was trying to find a way to get you to pipe in on this one. You are much closer to this gentleman than I am.

Many thanks!

I will get in touch with them. The car just went out today for shipping. I was just doing some backround before the arrival.

:D Thanks again All.

Reg,

Good to hear from you.
I don't want this new owner to freek out.
There are many ways to skin a cat, he does not have to worry!
If he would like I will trade him a stock computer and maf for his BS3 :biggrin:

MY3TTYPES said:
I will get in touch with them. The car just went out today for shipping. I was just doing some backround before the arrival.

:D Thanks again All.

I expect a ride.

Are you on the NorCal Turbo Buick Yahoo Group???

Free Ride

John Wilde said:
I expect a ride.

Are you on the NorCal Turbo Buick Yahoo Group???
I'd be happy :cool: to accommodate that request. It'd fun and maybe I could pick your brain for some ideas/input. Maybe you could come with to Infineon (always be Sears Point to me). Got some DR's to get rid of!

Thanks John!

Ed

MY3TTYPES said:
I'd be happy :cool: to accommodate that request. It'd fun and maybe I could pick your brain for some ideas/input.

Thanks John!

Ed

No problem, E-mail Dean to get on the NorCal list.
Check your PM.

Back