You can type here any text you want

bs3 to closed loop?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vilbefors

Hi there!

How can I get my bs3 to closed loop? is there anywhere else but afr parameters that I should change? My afr parameters are:rpm on 600, rpm off 600,max step 5, max gain 2,hot delay 5, cold delay 10, minimum coolant temp 120.

Whats wrong? Help anyone???

Thanks

Vili from Finland

Go to your Hardware Configuration, open and select which loop. Also don't set your on and off to the same, I've had it not work before with a double value. These are my settings: On Rpm 2000, off rpm 1800. Everything else is pretty much up to you really. Hope that helps.

Also check your afterstart enrichment and make sure it has decayed out.

Be sure in the configuration pulldown menu you select hardware and make sure you have closed loop checked.

Looks like everybody else has hit the other valid points

As always, when you make changes you must turn the key off for them to burn in to the ecu. Also, you should be sure to save your current configuration as the "default configuration" by going into the file menu and set default config and follow the instructions after that.

Thank you all very much!

I,m going to dyno wednesday to tune all possible points as good I can get them to be. Do you think that I could put my boost up to 20 psi? I have original type head gasket. I haven`t been over 15 psi yet, but I think that I can go to 20 with alky, right?

I will let you guys know what happened and what results I had with my gn.

Thanks again.

Vili

Without knowing the details of your tune and combo I would not be able to say it's OK to go to 20psi (yet)

Ok, here`s what happened...

We started driving in dyno in first gear - everything looked ok, but no closed loop... then we started to make pulls with bigger gear, but what happened was that spark wasn`t ok. One of spark wires was broken... damn... :mad:

Well we found out what was wrong and spark plugs and wires were changed. now it sounds fine and we also had closed loop on, but very slowly. It goes to closed loop, but it takes about 2-3 minutes before it happens and never on idle?

th 200 4r tranny changes a bit too late at wot, so i have to lift gas pedal for changing. :frown:

well next dyno time is next wednesday, so i hope to solve tranny problem before that. :)

I`m sorry, but language skills aren`t good enough to explain my combo. I`ll try anyway :smile:

almost stock, rebuilt engine with all new parts, arp bolts, and valve springs,stock pistons. A little improved oil channels(?)and new camshaft 109
bigger stock mount cooler, 42,5 pound injectors, ta-49 turbo
3 inch downpipe( bought it from Red and Jane armstrong couple years ago) and well flowing mufflers. I hope this helps at all?

guestion 1. - how can i get that closed loop to start right away? hot delay is 5 seconds, but i get it in closed loop after few minutes of driving and never on idle??? all of those things you pointed before are ok.

guestion 2. does old o2 have to be connected with bs3? ofcourse i have wideband o2 connected

is there some usual parameters that should work well in afterstart decay? I don`t really understand what this decay means. (i have to admit that i`m a little embarrassed because of this.)

Thanks a lot Ted A and high psi and z31,

Your after start decay is going to be the rate at which fuel is pulled out after you start your engine. There's conditions which will put more fuel into the equation, aside from your main fuel tables like your ect corrections for example. Were you making these runs on a cold engine? By that I mean was the engine not up to operating temp yet, or did it reach operating temp and the closed loop started working. I may not turn on also if your rpm was below what rpm you set. Sorry if some of that didn't make sense, I can explain in more detail when I'm not on duty...:p

engine was in operating temp that was set to start in 120 degrees. operating temp was over 150 all the time. Why do you have so high on and off set points? don`t you want afr correction on idle?

I guess it just comes down to personal preference on when you want your closed loop to engage. I just don't use it for idle because honestly I don't need it whatsoever in that range. Idle is the easiest portion to really dial in, you don't have to put any load on the motor at all and you can just take your time. I'd also like to hear some more input on what starting range others use also, it never hurts to learn something new ;)

ok, now it`s dynoed...

348 hp, 587nm of torque @ 18 psi without alky. I think that`s an allright result? what do you think?

ps. no knock at all

If you want to send me your calibration file I'll take a look and see if I find anything.

Back