You can type here any text you want

BS3 Tuner near Vallejo, CA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MY3TTYPES

Well, I'm waiting for my 86 GN to get here from Indiana. It has a stock engine with TE44 BB turbo, Big Stuff 3 engine management system and stainless exhaust. I'm concerned that it might not pass smog up here.
Any advise before I attempt to have it tested, outside standard spring cleaning?
Anyone know of a shop near here with experience tuning the Big Stuff 3 systems? I have no experience with it, YET! Any advise on reading material or places to get knowledge about tuning in general or specifcally with the BS3?
Help, I need it!
TIA

MY3TTYPES said:
Well, I'm waiting for my 86 GN to get here from Indiana. It has a stock engine with TE44 BB turbo, Big Stuff 3 engine management system and stainless exhaust. I'm concerned that it might not pass smog up here.
Any advise before I attempt to have it tested, outside standard spring cleaning?
Anyone know of a shop near here with experience tuning the Big Stuff 3 systems? I have no experience with it, YET! Any advise on reading material or places to get knowledge about tuning in general or specifcally with the BS3?
Help, I need it!
TIA

Does the car have the EGR still? What about the stock breather from the drivers side valve cover to the inlet of the turbo? They will be looking for that stuff first.

If it is using a BS3, does the car have the stock MAF sensor or is it running off of the MAP sensor?

You can tune the motor to pass smog with a BS3 but you have to have all of the stock smog devices in place or they wont pass it. That is just the visual inspection. You can tune the car to pass but I would not drive it hard at all because with a smog tune you will be leaning it out pretty well.

Reggie West said:
Does the car have the EGR still? What about the stock breather from the drivers side valve cover to the inlet of the turbo? They will be looking for that stuff first.

If it is using a BS3, does the car have the stock MAF sensor or is it running off of the MAP sensor?

You can tune the motor to pass smog with a BS3 but you have to have all of the stock smog devices in place or they wont pass it. That is just the visual inspection. You can tune the car to pass but I would not drive it hard at all because with a smog tune you will be leaning it out pretty well.
As I don't have the car yet, I'm not sure. I think the breather and is missing/replace with open air element. Where can I buy/borror one locally?
Also, I've never tumed a car by computer or used BS3 before. Where would I start? Obviously I would need a baseline presmog test first.
Advice? Thanks for the reply!

You will either have to find a place that won't care the car has an aftermaket ecu or swap the computer to stock for the test.
Mizzi's Auto is in Fairfield and they should be able to help you.

John Wilde said:
You will either have to find a place that won't care the car has an aftermaket ecu or swap the computer to stock for the test.
Mizzi's Auto is in Fairfield and they should be able to help you.
That is good to here, Thanks! Are you near FF? Any experience with the BS3 system?

MY3TTYPES said:
That is good to here, Thanks! Are you near FF? Any experience with the BS3 system?

I live in Redwood City, I only have FAST experience.
My friend Chris has DFI, FAST and Motec experiece but he does not really
have much time since his babywas born.

John Wilde said:
I live in Redwood City, I only have FAST experience.
My friend Chris has DFI, FAST and Motec experiece but he does not really
have much time since his babywas born.
Congrats to Chris! If you think of anyone near who could help, I would appreciate it. I'm looking forward to being back in a GN, so delays are not an option!
Thanks

You might want to contact Don Bailey, he is the Chicago area.
Don is knows the BIG Stuff 3 system very well. He tunes many vehicles country wide via E-mail. I have sent him many customers who have been very happy with his tuning abilities.
(708) 870-3771
FYI

Sparky

Sparky_wp said:
You might want to contact Don Bailey, he is the Chicago area.
Don is knows the BIG Stuff 3 system very well. He tunes many vehicles country wide via E-mail. I have sent him many customers who have been very happy with his tuning abilities.
(708) 870-3771
FYI
Thanks Spanky, I'll do that!

Back