You can type here any text you want

BstC Controller w/MER Maffless wb chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

anyone running a BstC boost controller with a ME-R Maffless wb chip ? any issues ? I contacted Steve Y and he replied with this :

"You can use a boost controller but I wouldn't tie it into the ecm because the wgt wires might make the boost do something stupid.
I know 1 wire to the wgt solenoid is 12v all the time, that wire should be ok to use, and the other is my concern, it toggles between an "open" and ground if I remember right, to pulse the solenoid.
If you tie into that wire, I am wondering if the boost controller will override or ignore the signal coming from the ecm, I dont know."

The BstC is meant to overide the ECM boost signal. It generates the same type signal the ECM does, just adds adjustability to that signal. Just make sure you follow the directions supplied as to what wires to tap into and the one wire to cut. Be especially mindful of the type of connectors you put on the cut wire and the BstC wire meant to replace it. These connectors are what make it all so you can remove the BstC and run ecm control again (although I don't know why).

The BstC is meant to overide the ECM boost signal. It generates the same type signal the ECM does, just adds adjustability to that signal. Just make sure you follow the directions supplied as to what wires to tap into and the one wire to cut. Be especially mindful of the type of connectors you put on the cut wire and the BstC wire meant to replace it. These connectors are what make it all so you can remove the BstC and run ecm control again (although I don't know why).

Only problem being I did not get connectors . I'm thinking of using this type :

3m Electronics Manufacturing : 3M? Scotchlok? 951 Electrical IDC, Female T-Tap Quick Slide

any idea what type were orig included with the BstC ?

Only problem being I did not get connectors . I'm thinking of using this type :

3m Electronics Manufacturing : 3M? Scotchlok? 951 Electrical IDC, Female T-Tap Quick Slide

any idea what type were orig included with the BstC ?

Those are the types of T-taps that were included in the BstC. But you'll also need a small supply of 3M female and male spade connectors.
And the instructions are available on the full throttle web site.

Here's the connection diagram:

http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=1583

The black blocks are t-tap connections. The white blocks labeled M or F are male and female spade connectors.

Here's the instruction booklet:

http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=899

Back