Buckets for an '83 T

nothingman

I recently saved my 83 Buick T-Type from some slob that destroyed the interior and the seats are hurting :(

Since I'm on a tight tight budget, plus I've got a very limited amount of tools and I have to complete all my work in a carport because I just moved from IL to AZ... Anyway I like to check out the local junk yards and my question is what cars can I scavenge the bucket seats out of that'll fit my 83 with very minimal fab work if any? Just 82-88 GM G-Bodies?

Thanks in advance!

Any of the G bodies, Any of the 3rd gen F bodies, 80's J bodies, and I believe the 4th gen F body will fit without an issue. If you've got split bench fronts you have all the track mounting points, but if you've got a solid bench then you're missing some mounting points and they'll need to be added.

cool so it looks like i've got a lot to choose from! unfortunately my interior is brown :( but i'd be good with brown, black, red or white. i have just buckets no split bench, with console does that dwindle down my choices? thanks for the info guys

Go down the main page and you can find the junkyard dog section. It can give you a better idea of what can and what won't fit. There's lots of good info in that section so do some reading.:)

thanks charlie, found the PDF it's going to save my ass!

i wouldn't mind burgundy seats but unfortunately my budget is nearly non-existent and there is no way i'd be able to afford the shipping or the drive, thanks though :)

You really need to do some searching on the board.:) There's a ton of info on it that should help you out if you're willing to do some searching and reading. If you haven't looked at my sig there's even an upgrade for the B4black cars now to give you a bigger turbo.:D

If your budget is tight,you could get some cheap slip-on seat covers,for the time being.

thanks charlie i definitely will, i'm taking baby steps at the moment because of time and budget constraints lol. i looked into car seat covers and they cost as much as one seat from the junkyard... i thought about doing but after cleaning those seats i still can't get the rotten smell out of them so i figured if i find some nice seats i might as well put the money from seat covers toward the seats :)

thanks guys :)

Hello all I checked through the junkyard dogs section but I couldn't find any info on corvette seats... I've found a pair of red 87 corvette buckets for cheap and I was wondering if they'd swap into my 83 t-type without much fabrication?

thanks in advance :)