You can type here any text you want

Buick Car Covers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
I want to get a car cover for my Buick, is it better to get one of the 'custom fitted' ones for a buick or will any generic one be just as good?

Thanks

My California Car Cover NOAH fabric fits like a glove, elasticized and has proper mirror pockets etc.

Might want some wheel covers for outdoor storage on dirt however.

Going on 6 years now with it. :smile:

I like the fitted cover.

my california car cover literally deteriated overtime :(. the fabric got weak and would tear so easily. I am wondering if i should buy another? it did last 6 years

I've have a generic cover on my race car and a custom fit on my GN...both are California Car Covers...the generic one is a real lightweight one but doesn't do a great job of keeping dust off the car...the custom fit one on my GN is thicker...has cushioning to protect against things bumping against the car...also keeps all dust off the car...plus it is very water resistant...I remember I had pulled my car outside to clean the garage...didn't look like rain at all...then all of a sudden these clouds moved in...didn't have time to get the car in...started raining...then hailing..:eek:...hail was about the size of a BB...but I still almost had a heart attack...this is my 87 GN that I bought brand new in 87...only has 41K miles...original paint in perfect condition...the car hasn't been touched by water in probably 15 years...so I'm standing there in the garage watching it get rained on and hailed on...well after the rain stopped...I pulled the cover off the car and not a drop of water was on it...plus the cushion protected it from the hail...the cover saved my car from potential damage...I think that cover is either a Noah or Stormweave...but well worth the money...

Wow...what was I smoking...after searching the internet I remembered I have Covercraft covers...believe the custom fit one was called "Evolution"...I got it thru Pep Boys...they had to order it...but it's the same one as the California Car Cover...I think they are manufactured by the same company...Kimberly Clark...

My California Car Cover NOAH fabric fits like a glove, elasticized and has proper mirror pockets etc.

Might want some wheel covers for outdoor storage on dirt however.

Going on 6 years now with it. :smile:

I like the fitted cover.

Another vote for California Car Cover!!! Mine are a bunch older than 6 years :eek:
One for each GN and one on my 84 Z28. All fit like a glove, and I do mean perfect fit, elastic bottom, perfect mirror pockets (not generic).

They all even had to sit out and endure a MI winter. They're all still like new!!

next important question is where did you get them from?

I have my GN down at the paint shop getting painted and I don't have a garage to put it in so, I want to protect it.

hay vendor, longtime no see, dude i got no garage too but did get that car port from pepboys and i love it, provides great protection from the elements
i have what you see there but i have it enclosed, price was $179 total:)
at lease it's better than nothing.

Attachments

• Picture 226.jpg
    Picture 226.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 88
I bought a weather shield and I had a 6000.00 paint job on my car. It was 400.00 bucks but it was worth it and fit perfect.

hay vendor, longtime no see, dude i got no garage too but did get that car port from pepboys and i love it, provides great protection from the elements
i have what you see there but i have it enclosed, price was $179 total:)
at lease it's better than nothing.

Yeah, I've kind of been out of it for a while. For a while between school and work I was completely out of the car world. Then about a year ago I bought an 87 el camino that I thought I could fix but, well, that was a dream so its on its way to a junk yard one of these days. And then last December I bought a '70 El Camino SS454 that I have been restoring. That thing is a little fustrating because I just put a brand new engine in it in July and the damn thing started knocking and lost oil pressure last week. I can not tell you how upset I am.

So, anyways, right now the Buick is down at the paint shop and I should be getting it back any day. A little work to that thing and she'll be a champ again.

Back