Buick/ford race, noble, ok

johnplogii

Senior citizen
Here is my match race from today. Best run of the day (out of 3) all were 9.40's. This guy was playing games staging. He pre-staged then I pre-staged, then he just sat there. Tried to ruffle my feathers but it didn't work. I left on him by .100 & walked away from there. Then he did a ricer fly by at the end of the track & exited first:confused: The 1.280 60ft is a new best as is the 9.41, heading out to BG monday morning.

YouTube - Noble 10-16-10 9.41 @ 142 .wmv

LOL ricer flyby. John I was in the tower when this happened. That was hanging the hoops buddy!! ....

It was great to watch this race and others from the tower.

Thread on results in National Racing events.

We smoked their butts, big time.:biggrin::biggrin:

Phil Engle

Very nice run!
What happened to "you have 7 seconds after your opponent stages or you will get a red light"?

I think that only applies to fully staging, not pre staging. Once one car is fully staged the 7 sec rule kicks in. The problem is that the same thing happened to my buddy Jim. He staged first, then sat on the converter for way too long. They did DQ the other driver for taking too long, but Jim's converter & trans paid the price.

Very nice run!
What happened to "you have 7 seconds after your opponent stages or you will get a red light"?

Only applies if they have the auto start on and only after 1 car is staged.Way to go nice a$$ kickin.:)
Kevin

I think that only applies to fully staging, not pre staging. Once one car is fully staged the 7 sec rule kicks in. The problem is that the same thing happened to my buddy Jim. He staged first, then sat on the converter for way too long. They did DQ the other driver for taking too long, but Jim's converter & trans paid the price.

I thought you were staged and he was dragging his feet. Watched it again and saw that you only had the pre-stage lit. :)

Sweet run John, congrats on your new best. What was the 330 and 8th mile stats?

Here is what the slip reads

left right
R/T ... .274 .181
60' ... 1.373 1.280
330 ... 3.970 3.810
1/8 ... 6.208 5.963
MPH ... 109.42 113.55
1000... 8.151 7.829
1/4 ... 9.812 9.414
MPH ... 135.35 142.24

Good job on laying the smack down and congrats on the pass that 60' must've felt nice!:cool:

John: Were you able to get your tires rebalanced in Norman?

Good to see you and the family this weekend. How could you lose with the cheer leading group you have?.:biggrin:

Wish you and yours a safe and enjoyable trip to BG.

Phil Engle

I did but the tires are actually a little out of round. May see about any warranty when I get home.

Cool picture I found on another forum of John's launch.

DSC02255.jpg

Great picture!!

You know his secret is 100 psi of helium in the front tires.:biggrin::biggrin:

What other forum? I'd like to follow that one too.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Great picture!!

You know his secret is 100 psi of helium in the front tires.:biggrin::biggrin:

What other forum? I'd like to follow that one too.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Hahaha, helium...that's cheatinggg;) There on svtperformance.com, in the pics and video buffet section, Should still be on the first page. Don't have to be registered to see em, The only reason I was on svtp is to do some recon/intel on what the bad guys are doin.:cool:

Here is my match race from today. Best run of the day (out of 3) all were 9.40's. This guy was playing games staging. He pre-staged then I pre-staged, then he just sat there. Tried to ruffle my feathers but it didn't work. I left on him by .100 & walked away from there. Then he did a ricer fly by at the end of the track & exited first:confused: The 1.280 60ft is a new best as is the 9.41, heading out to BG monday morning.

YouTube - Noble 10-16-10 9.41 @ 142 .wmv

Great job on the tree..... :cool:

I can't stand jackoffs that sit there and play games.... Way to put him on the trailer.

Nice work John! All of your hard work and time is paying off bigtime!
That thing is flat out gettin it!:eek:

Brian

ps. what happened with James` stuff? Burned down on the brake?

Yeah, I checked his log & it wasn't bad. He never really got up on the pipe hard. Must have had an idea of what to expect.

Great picture barry!

Thanks Brian & Ted!