You can type here any text you want

Buick GN + road trip = fun

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
Left Corpus Christi after work.. loaded the TH400 and driveshaft into the trunk of the daily driver GN " yes a th400 with a deep pan and driveshaft will fit in the trunk" barely..lol
Drove to San Antonio Raceway. Met up with mhogan and his bro turbotwin2, unloaded the trans and driveshaft into there truck, teched in
Went to staging lanes, and ran the car, the exact way it came in off the freeway after 2 hours on the road with 32 psi in the drag radials
11.70 @ 117..
thats what owning one of these turbo buicks is all about...
DSC01820.jpg

Now if i can get the TType dialed in, ill be all set

hey thats definately what its about! Mike ever do anything to that old silver brick of his?? or is it still going 10.5 every single run like it used to? that thing was old tech that worked when i was down there, wish i could go back and run em a few times.
Gary

hey thats definately what its about! Mike ever do anything to that old silver brick of his?? or is it still going 10.5 every single run like it used to? that thing was old tech that worked when i was down there, wish i could go back and run em a few times.
Gary

Yeah, Mike was supposed to bring his down, sometimes he only runs 10.6. He mainly came to get the tranny. He was getting low on them, now he's got 4. I may end up with one.
So here comes Phil, fresh off a 2 hour drive, no tools, no spare, no tweaking on the car. We unload the tranny, he shuts the trunk and turns off the A/C. He proceeds to run 11.7 right out of the box (there's more in it). No big deal, he says. Does it all the time! Drives it home. Now that's what I'm talking about.
Phil, nice meeting you and I'll make a whole car this Spring and see you at the track. Cheers.

let me know when you guys are heading back to the track.. There seems to be quite a few TR owners in Austin, SA, and Corpus

Thats great. I would hate to get caught in the rain with those tires on though.

Jason

i was on BFG drag 275-50-15 radials...not the ones in that pic

daily driven, equipment haulin', track runnin', grocery gettin', MILF HUNTIN', tire burnin', WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR!

I only put a couple thousand miles a year on the GN but I was thinking about how it would do as a daily driver this past Friday when I took it to work. It does lack a lot of the modern conveniences my Caddy has, but I was thinking to myself "I could live with this". It will run mid-11s in 'drive to work' tune. There isn't much else out there, even late-model cars, that can make that claim and have room for 5 and a big trunk. It's pretty docile on the street if you let it.

My only problem is that people see it and want to race me whether I'm just cruising along in the slow lane or at a stoplight. I mean EVERYONE. It used to be fun but now it's just getting annoying.

Jim

My only problem is that people see it and want to race me whether I'm just cruising along in the slow lane or at a stoplight. I mean EVERYONE. It used to be fun but now it's just getting annoying.

Jim

Get a T Type in a different color. People will think it's a Monte and won't be impressed. Then you can surprise them.

too bad i had to remove the spare to fit the trans in the trunk.. this is what looked like on the way home.. Lucky my freind with the Big block Chevelle " on his was back from the track also" stopped when he saw us on the side of the freeway at midnight " we were halfway between corpus and San Antonio" after the RF tire let go at 80 mph.. No damage to the car thank god..

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

i was on BFG drag 275-50-15 radials...not the ones in that pic
how do you like those BFGs compared to the MTs? I'm thinking about getting some BFGs just like the ones you have, but a lot of people keep telling me MTs are way better.

sorry type-o... i was on MT drag radials.. I have never tried the BFG's

The MT drag radials work extremely well.. im very happy with them

Back