Buick Performance Weekend Englishtown NJ Sept. 2nd and 3rd

phillyturbosix

Staff member
This weekend! Buick Performance Weekend Sat & Sun Sept. 2nd & 3rd 2006 Who is going?! I'll be there with the GN and TTA :cool:

-Drag Racing. 3 classes Sunday
-Huge Car Show Sept. 2nd 16 Buick classes!
-3rd 2006 MAGNA Points Series race!

Event Information

buick06.jpg

I will be there as well with my 87 GN. Not sure what day. Which Is a better day Saturday or Sunday?

Well the car show is Saturday. I think Sunday is just racing. Who else is heading down? Hopefully this storm coming up the coast don't hit! :eek:

Well I think I will go Saturday. I might decide to show my car I am not sure yet. Sunday I have some partys to go to plus my wife is out of town Saturday so that will probably work best for me. I was told by some local NJ Buick guys that it is worth the trip down to this meet. These guys at Old Buick Parts
Have a 12 second GS stage 1 they race and are trying to get it into the 11's. They are very cool guys and are close to my office if I need NOS parts they are very close for me. Any way I will most likely go Saturday. I have never been so I do not know the lay out as far as parking and if I enter my car in the show where I register ect. But all of the NY,NJ,PA guys should get together?
Dave.

hey Dave sounds great! Nothing more then I love is a sea of turbo Buicks! Basiclly here is how it layed out last year.. You come in the gates.. go thru the gates and around the other side of the track. Take that all the way up to about 3/4 way down the track and that's where they had the car show last year. They parked them in class order. There is 16 classes so you'll fit somewhere for sure! I saw everything from daily drivers to low mile mint show cars in the show last year. So even if your car is dirty bring it in! I snapped some pics last year and you can see them here.. http://turbobuicks.net/gallery2/v/Philly/E-Town2005/ I was walkin around shootin the bull with so many people I didn't get to take all the pictures I wanted but there was some beautiful turbo Buicks there! Hope to see you there look me up!

Jim That sounds great. After looking at the pics from last year I am going to definitely show my car as it is as nice as any from last year. I will look for you as well. I guess you will be the guy with both a GN and a Turbo T\A. You are a lucky man to have 2 awesome toys. Look forward to meeting you. Lets hope the weather holds up as that would be the only reason I would not go. I could not see making the trip if it is pouring rain.

Dave

Hopefully the weather holds out! I guess it will be one of those check it Friday night for Saturday deals. Look for the MAGNA tent I'm usually not to far from that. Last year my GN was on the other side of the parking lot from where they put the TTA. They have it marked off for the different classes. You need some mirror's for your car to show off that sexy gas tank! :cool: :D

Jim,
I will look for you by the MAGNA tent & I hope to meet some cool guys with turbo buicks. I just bought my car this year but have been around them since their birth in the early 80's. My best friends first new car was an 86 Ttype. We were 20 years old at that time & thought that that car was the fastest thing ever made. Any way lets hope that the weather is good. Oh and as for my car she does have a sweet asssss dos'nt she :)

I have made my decision!

I'm going on Saturday whatever the weather. Nice then the GN, rain the SUV. I'm in the market for some parts also. Looking forward to this for a while, it will be nice to put names and faces together. Want to meet all the guys. What do you think of my idea Phillyturbosix???

If we get rained out I might venture up just for the fact I have the day cleared. But let's all cross our fingers this storm stalls or pulls out to sea. The last time a storm like this hit land it ran out of gas around NC so hopefully this one does the same! It's always nice to put the faces to the board members tho! :)

I have the day blocked out as well so if it is a washout I will be in my F-350 diesel but it still has a Turbo :biggrin:

Just not that fast but I need it to tow the boat :)

Well it is 6:30 PM Friday night & No rain in site in Sparta, NJ Lets hope all of the news hype that I am watching on the 6 o’clock news is BS and this storm Fizzes out . I cant go on Sunday but I will be going on Sat But I would like to bring & Show my GN. I spent 2 hours washing and waxing it this after noon. I took the day off. Hope to meet you guys tomorrow. :)

Dave

Car Show???

They are still calling for heavy rain and wind! Hope they are wrong, still no rain here. If it is a rainout, are we still going in our OTHER vehicles? Have been looking forward to this date for a long time. DiD the same as you, spent the afternoon detailing the GN. No way it's coming out of the garage if there is rain. Let's make a decision by morning if we are going!!!

Well I guess we will see in the morning as to what we are driving to this event. As far as If I am going I can say for sure that I will be there. My wife is up in Albany, NY for a cousins baby shower and she wont be back until Sunday morning so even if it is raining I would be better off at this event & maybe coming home with some new goodies for the GN, rather then waste a hundred bucks or more at the GO GO bar & come home with nothing!! So even if I don’t take the GN I will be going. Hope to see you guys.

Hey I'd like to caravan to e town with you guys. Same place as Turbophilly6 mentioned before? What time should I be there? and are you still going to caravan in the rain? thanks.

Looks like one of those see how it is in the morning. Now they say it's blowing past faster then they thought and should be gone by the AM. Maybe they will still have the show just a late start. I'm going to call etown in the AM and see what they are saying about it. If the ground it wet and or rain I won't be taking the cars but I'll still come up in the daily driver. Let's hope in the overnight hours this mess blows pass! The winds can be on our side drying the roads faster! :)

Well I just called Raceway Park and the recording said nothing about this event. It had said that all drag racing is canceled but nothing about the show. Well I guess I will head down in my truck and see. Hope you guys go.
I will look for you guys.

Dave

Just called Raceway Park, The recording said ALL EVENTS ARE CANCELED FOR TODAY. It sounds like to me the Gate is closed no entrance.

Well that was a waste of 3 hours. Went to Raceway Park. No one there. Does any one know if there is a Rain date? Do you guys think they will do every thing tomorrow?