buick v6 in nissan?!

skipztt

i think im going to put a intercooled buick v6 in my nissan 300zx. ive been running that through my head for a while now. i just need a spare block with some head on it for mock up. what do you all think?

Z-cars have been done, and are known for going FAST with very lightly modified engines. You'd probably find more info on the "other" board in the hybrid section, I think 4 or 5 people there have done it.

If you find anyone that has done this, let me know. I looked into this about 6 months ago and could not find anyone who has taken on this project. I would love to see some pics of one of these cars.

serious

im very serious about doing a swap. its going into a 1990 nissan TT 300zx. im pulling the engine right now and im looking for a we4. im i newbe to gn but ive loved the cars ever since i got to drive one.

300 swap

I've not done the 300 swap before but I have put in 2 Turbo Buick's into 82-92 Camaro body styles with great results.

Food for thought: I bought a 89 Nissan Maxima for a winter beater last year. IT has (now) 205,000mi on it and has been boosted for the last 20,000 mi using all GN (theorys) and some GN parts. THe Maxima has the same base Engine block that is in your 300ZX right now. I'm running a TA49 Turbo from John Craig, Made my own pipes to feed the turbo, Down pipe ect. 370CC injectors, Live Edit which I can change fuel/timing tables (Free on internet) 225lr/hr fuel pump and a adjustable FPR.
I'm running 11psi and going 109.7mph in the 1/4mi. I just got tires that will hook and proably nuke my tranny but it'll be fun.
I drive this car every day gets 24mpg in town and 28 on the highway.

I hate the way they did the twin turbo setup in the 300z. IT's fricking impossible to work on. My Maxima has more room to work on it now than it did from the factory.

Putting the 3.8 Buick in will be a good choice too but keep in mind that the 300z engine is one tough and long lasting engine too that can make some serious power. If you converted to a single turbo and a different manifold on the base engine you've already got it'd make some killer power.
What I Did with my Maxima is prove that GN theory works just about everywhere!
~Scott

i want to do the swap. but everyone says why waste the engine i got now it perfectly fine. it sees 20lbs of boost and get many looks. i guess i need to figure out what i want to do. and yeah the are a pain to work on. if i get the right price on my engine ill do the swap. ill keep everyone informed.

Not to high jack but I want to do a 84-86 300zx hybrid anybody done one of those!

its time

well im doing to swap into the nissan. i got a buyer on the engine and i have buickv6 ready to get picked up. ill let everyone know how it goes

Where at in Ohio are ya? I think that swap would be neat! Keep us posted.