You can type here any text you want

Building Boost at the line?!?!?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
I have upgraded to the s10 rear whl cyl... I have yet to try and hold boost at the line. Cant I damage or blow my rear whl cyl by building boost.. B4 line lock I used to pwer brake to smoke em up an ive been through 2 sets i believe. Isnt it the same technique? or principal. I can hear my brother now "dont do that ya gonna blow ya rear whl cyls.." Is it ok or do I run the risk of killing the rear whl cyls??? thanks Psycho 6....

almost everyone without a trans brake does it without issues... the main issue is how muhc psi can you hold at the line... i use the foot brake to do burnouts (no line lock) as well as stage...

I wouldn't be worried about damaging the rear wheel cylinders building boost on the line....

Hydroboost Conversion

I Think Something That Would Be Cool Is To Use Wilwood's 3 Stage Lever Type Proportioning Valve, A Line Lock, And A Hydroboost. The High Pressure From The H/b Would Set The Line Lock Hard, And The 3 Stage Prop Valve Would Set The Rear Pressure At A Low Minimum. This Would Keep Power Against The Rear Tires, But The Rear Brakes On Lightly, And The Fronts Locked Hard. Heat Is The Main Enemy Of The Rear Cylinders, But The Torque Against Those Weak Brake Backing Plates Is Hard On Them, And Of Course, Smokes The Brake Lining. The Low Setting Of The Prop Valve On The Rears May Be The Answer. The Stock Prop Valve Would Have To Be Replaced With A 4 Disc Valve, And The Line Run Up To The Dash Mounted Valve To Allow The Lever Valve To Control The Rear Pressures.

Back