Built 8.5" gn rear end interest?

Eticket

changing some direction a little. Anyone interested in an almost new built gn rear with Detroit locker moser axles and everything else like new and less than 300 miles on it ?
This is built to handle 9 second power.
Would cost over $2000 in parts alone.

I would with the buyer paying shipping. Putting on a pallet isn't hard. Price is a little tougher. Let me think

let me know I am interested. all parts are new when installed? no noise when it was running? have parts list? and yes i would pay shipping. what are you asking for it?

The Detroit locker was used actually. everything else brand new. it's still in my car and works fine with no noises.

asking $1600.

Detroit 30 spline locker for c clip axles (can work with c clips eliminated)
This unit is the only part that wasn't brand new on the build. They are $725 new. Used they are approx. $500.
moser 30 spline axles
Motive 3.42 gear set
Billet 1350 yoke
all new bearings, races, seals, supershim kit including axle shaft seals
aluminum drums
long shoes on all shows
s10 wheel cylinders
all new brake hardware
Wolfe racecraft spherical bearings, take off $75 if you don't want those, I think I have a pair of polygraphites
TA aluminum rear girdle
TA rear end carrier main cap stud kit

I owe turbojay some pictures, but I won't have any of the internals I don't think unless a buyer needs them before final payment.

Parts above add up to $1700 excluding housing and labor.

Last edited:
Here's a picture
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1418603829.889226.jpg

Eticket, you looking at anything you might need for your new direction? I have a stock rear with a Moser center, TA girdle and 4th gen rear brakes, but have been wanting to go 30 spline and back to rear drums. I have an RJC 5" DP I would trade.

2tonenv, sorry man.. not much I would be interested in trade. I would only be looking at some very specific 9" parts. I have most all parts I need for other upgrades I'm doing.

you've got a very nice downpipe I bet would be worth some cash$$$. why back to drums? can't hold boost?

Last edited:
bump... The ultraflow exhaust (all stainless) is also for sale and so is the HR parts and stuff sway bar... anyone buying the rear end has dibs on the sway bar. I'm about to take these off my car... could be over the next week if there's interest in picking it up here or in Temple.