You can type here any text you want

Bullitt Mustang atempts to leave me on a 1 laner...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Zink57

Not much of a race but....
Driving my TTA home from a local car show...I came upon "mint" Bullitt Mustang (not sure exact year), with aftermarket exhaust..but was turning onto the main road from the airport and it looked like it was mint. We turn left on a one laner and I am right behind him...he suddenly floored it and with the great weather and good spirts...I said what the hell! I floor it and begain predictably started to reel him in as the boost let in. We did this 3 Xs on the 2 1/2 mile stretch...each time, him flooring it, and each time my car gaining steadily as the boost shot up to 17 lbs. We only maxed to 89 mph. He was amuzed and slowed down and I could see him checking his rear view mirror to see what 3rd generation "whatever" could possibly be keeping up, let alone gaining on his "BULLITT" :) I flashed a thumbs up...he flashed nothing... but I feel like I should have followed him into his side of the track since his ride was pretty clean. I could see the chrome "BULLITT" emblem on the back gleaming in the light..it was cool. I sense that he would have thought that my car was cooler if he saw it up close though :D

TTA's Rock , but you knew that. Did they like your car at the show? Or did most not know what it was, which is often the case. They think you made it from a GTA.

Most people at the local car show walk by the TTA and pause and have that look of "ummmm" when they see the intake pipe and turbo. Then they see the door emblems and Indy Wings on the rockers and they really get intruiged. That day..the car got a lot of attention. One guy had his whole family surrounding the car. Apparantly he bought a TTA back in the day to race and said that he moded it heavily and recked it. Good going bro.

What color was it? They made the BULLITT's in 2001 in highland green (most common), true blue, and black. It has the GT 4.6L 2V motor, with a few tweaks here and there. Nice cars, especially the TTA. One of my personal favorites :cool:

it was the green color option. The one thing I remember most of all is the "BULLITT" emblem on the rear gleaming in the sunlight. That thing was ultra clean.

I used to have a TTA... what a great car... I eventually sold it for a ZR1... also a nice car....Sounds like you had a good time with the Bullit...

Good run. He probably thought you were just a TA with a pumped V8. If only he knew..........:cool:

Back