Bump Box from XFI

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Taking a long shot here. What settings do you have to creep the car to the second stage light in (mil) seconds rather than having the car jump like a grasshopper?
If not I will continue tuning.

Thanks
Joe

I have these values and tested it once. It seemed to work smooth but is was tested a few years ago....
AG.

trans_Brake.JPG

Is this on a 200r4??? I really need to get my creep to simply move at this point. I can't find anyone with it functioning on s 200.

Hi Alan
Thanks dude! I will compare to mine and go from there.
Joe
I tested again this morning for the first time in probably a couple years and it seems to work acceptably. It moves the car slowly without any violent jerking but it does have a slight stutter feel like the DC could be reduced a little bit from 7 to 5. I have not retested this yet with this new setting but I suspect it should get even better. Even at these initial settings it should be good and I'm just being overly critical over the feel.
AG.

what kind of relay are you using? I've read that a solid state relay is best but the only solid state DC relay I've found locally is rated for 5 amps and I tested my trans brake solenoid and it's drawing 5.5 amps. Has anybody used a standard Bosch type relay? The help menu states a mechanical relay can be used but at a reduced range of control.

what kind of relay are you using? I've read that a solid state relay is best but the only solid state DC relay I've found locally is rated for 5 amps and I tested my trans brake solenoid and it's drawing 5.5 amps. Has anybody used a standard Bosch type relay? The help menu states a mechanical relay can be used but at a reduced range of control.
I'm using a solid state relay. FAST sells them on there website and are a little pricey compared to a mechanical relay. If you look around in Newark, digikey or Mouser I'm sure you can find something more economical.
AG.
Buick (162).jpg

Increased the frequency to 9.0 and it works like a champ. Thanks!!!!! This had Ben driving me crazy!!!!!

I tested again this morning for the first time in probably a couple years and it seems to work acceptably. It moves the car slowly without any violent jerking but it does have a slight stutter feel like the DC could be reduced a little bit from 7 to 5. I have not retested this yet with this new setting but I suspect it should get even better. Even at these initial settings it should be good and I'm just being overly critical over the feel.
AG.
Hi Alan
Well better late than never... I still can't get it to work, and the funny thing is that it did before. I will play around with it again. For now I am using the foot brake to stage

I know this is an old post but I’m looking to do a 200 trans brake and the creep function on the xfi . My question is what trans brake are you using