You can type here any text you want

Burned Valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kraus

I took the car to the track made a few runs boost at 25 on alky.Was coming down the return road to get slip and looked at scanmaster it was running wbo2 17.3 at like 18 mph,and had a slight miss stumble you could feel in engine.Checked logger and it shut off do to low battery on computer.:frown: I turned key to see wher each setting in tt chip was set,used gas pedal to get into various chip settings.Won't let me in to any of them.So Shut it off pulled all plugs,spark plugs don't have a color at all.Look like i took em out of the box,not tan or white or anything.Pcv popped out of intake hole,oil on intake minor.When i got up today I pulled both valve covers to check make sure rocker didn't shake lose or something.Took leak down tester put in number one hole turned valve 2 100 psi on gauge 1 and set on gauge 2.I did on other side and the center cylinder number 4 goes to high as soon as you start to turn air up.I am going to bring compression checker home from work monday.But so far I am guessing a valve... I was happy with the fact it ran low 12's driving it a 55 miles and drive right down the track,in street trim.Good thing my brother works 5 miles from track to flat bed it home...

Anything else i should be looking at before I pull the heads and stuff.It sounds like a tractor when it is iding,kind of a funny sound...

1st run 12.25 at 108 at 6lb launch

2nd run 12.03 at 109 at 8lb launch

somethings wrong

S
I took the car to the track made a few runs boost at 25 on alky.Was coming down the return road to get slip and looked at scanmaster it was running wbo2 17.3 at like 18 mph,and had a slight miss stumble you could feel in engine.Checked logger and it shut off do to low battery on computer.:frown: I turned key to see wher each setting in tt chip was set,used gas pedal to get into various chip settings.Won't let me in to any of them.So Shut it off pulled all plugs,spark plugs don't have a color at all.Look like i took em out of the box,not tan or white or anything.Pcv popped out of intake hole,oil on intake minor.When i got up today I pulled both valve covers to check make sure rocker didn't shake lose or something.Took leak down tester put in number one hole turned valve 2 100 psi on gauge 1 and set on gauge 2.I did on other side and the center cylinder number 4 goes to high as soon as you start to turn air up.I am going to bring compression checker home from work monday.But so far I am guessing a valve... I was happy with the fact it ran low 12's driving it a 55 miles and drive right down the track,in street trim.Good thing my brother works 5 miles from track to flat bed it home...

Anything else i should be looking at before I pull the heads and stuff.It sounds like a tractor when it is iding,kind of a funny sound...

1st run 12.25 at 108 at 6lb launch

2nd run 12.03 at 109 at 8lb launch

Sounds like a blown head gasket.Blown into lifter valley could be why the pcv popped out.Big time blow will blow oil out the valve cover breathers.If you don't have oil and coolant mixing you probably won't have any major damage.If you're going to change one you can save yourself some grief and go ahead change them both.Might not be gasket but they are the most common failure after high boost run.good luck.

S

Sounds like a blown head gasket.Blown into lifter valley could be why the pcv popped out.Big time blow will blow oil out the valve cover breathers.If you don't have oil and coolant mixing you probably won't have any major damage.If you're going to change one you can save yourself some grief and go ahead change them both.Might not be gasket but they are the most common failure after high boost run.good luck.

well i do have all oil coming out the breathers if you give it gas at idle ,kind of puffs it out the breathers.No Oil antifreeze mixing the oil is still brown and radiator is still full.Also It was still at 170 on both scanmaster and temp gauge after it ran and started all this.I used head studs with felpro gaskets,so maybe the gasket failed...It doesn't help computer was dead so I could see what it logged.I guess I will have to pull it apart and see...Now the debate pull the motor since rear seal is leaking also after this or do it in the car and drop tranny after to fix that.

Back