You can type here any text you want

Burst knock Max MPH... why?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pablo

Its set to 80 on my chip..

why would you have a maximum speed for burst knock to be active? That seems kind of stupid, I would think you would need even more with higher speed due to the increased aerodynamic load

anyone know? Im considering just moving the speed up to the max

Pablo said:
Its set to 80 on my chip..
why would you have a maximum speed for burst knock to be active? That seems kind of stupid, I would think you would need even more with higher speed due to the increased aerodynamic load
anyone know? Im considering just moving the speed up to the max

It's to min the possibility of tip-in preignition.
Once you're at speed, you're high enough up in the loas areas to have enough fuel, since the engine isn't going to be transistioning rpm that fast.

I lowered my min temp.,
Raised the MPH,
Increased the number of degrees,
Lowered the amount of TPS to enable it.

Ah,

thanks for the info and the tips Bruce, I was gonna ask about that but you've pointed me in the right direction

As I understand it though, there is recall and a pre recall chip and apparently they have different degrees of retard. I guess one is 7 or so degrees and the one I have is 14

Not trying to get you to divulge all of your secrets, but did you start with the 7 or the 14? I was actually contemplating lowering that figure but extending the time substantially. Just seemed like alot of retard to hold for awhile, like it would increase the lag/sogginess

Pablo said:
Ah,

thanks for the info and the tips Bruce, I was gonna ask about that but you've pointed me in the right direction

As I understand it though, there is recall and a pre recall chip and apparently they have different degrees of retard. I guess one is 7 or so degrees and the one I have is 14

Not trying to get you to divulge all of your secrets, but did you start with the 7 or the 14? I was actually contemplating lowering that figure but extending the time substantially. Just seemed like alot of retard to hold for awhile, like it would increase the lag/sogginess

I'm at 17.
It decays out rather quickly, so it's not really critical from a performance point of view, but rather insurance against pre-ignition.
I had a trace of Knock retard when downshifting and it took care of that.

Back